Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make Recruit Gear a Requirement to Queue

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Make Recruit Gear a Requirement to Queue

dcgregorya
05.09.2012 , 09:43 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by NDiggy View Post
Its bad enough I have to wait 30 minutes to an hour just to get in a Warzone. But once I get in I get stuck with people who can't even be bothered to buy the Recruit set before they queue up for a WZ and then get steamrolled and are nothing but a liability to the team. Make it so you have to have at least the Recruit set before you can queue up for WZs.
I agree. Recruit gear should be gifted to you at 50 (it sucks, 320k for it is a joke) and expertise > 500 should be mandatory to solo queue. I'm also sick of getting stuck with people who die in 2 shots because they don't read the forums and don't know what recruit gear is or why they need it.

dcgregorya
05.09.2012 , 09:46 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Your analysis is off a bit.

Recuit Chest Piece:
How about ears and implants? You're assuming these brand new level 50's have run dailies for weeks and have the best PVE gear they can have without running Ops. Reality is they're usually in blue/green gear (recruit gear matters for 1-2 weeks, then you'll be at least 50% battlemaster). Across the whole set it is 18% extra damage and (here's the important part) 15% damage reduction. If you save comms til you hit 50, you can buy the weapon and stick an expertise crystal into it and be relatively competitive on the very first day of PVP.

Done this before for 3 characters and PVP enough to tell you that the difference between recruit gear and green/blue gear is that I two shot people in green/blue gear.

mystbladex
05.09.2012 , 10:00 AM | #123
yeah when I hit someone for 5k when I have no cooldowns popped you know they are wearing blues/greens.

So then I look for them and I pop all my cooldown, for fun. and then its a 2 hit kill

looneybinjim
05.09.2012 , 10:33 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by valkyriewiz View Post
you have to PVP ALOT to get 3500 rwz guarentee your gonna hit lvl 50 before you make that cap since you dont start getting them till lvl 40 so your point is mute and invalid 700 expertise to start is nothing against someone with 1.3k fact. you talk a big game but you fail to understand that alot of those poeple sitting in BM got it the easy way and BW made it hard for everyone else. i agree remove expertise then it will be based of skill and not gear
700 expertise is better than 0 expertise. fact.

L-RANDLE
05.09.2012 , 10:46 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
How about ears and implants? You're assuming these brand new level 50's have run dailies for weeks and have the best PVE gear they can have without running Ops. Reality is they're usually in blue/green gear (recruit gear matters for 1-2 weeks, then you'll be at least 50% battlemaster). Across the whole set it is 18% extra damage and (here's the important part) 15% damage reduction. If you save comms til you hit 50, you can buy the weapon and stick an expertise crystal into it and be relatively competitive on the very first day of PVP.

Done this before for 3 characters and PVP enough to tell you that the difference between recruit gear and green/blue gear is that I two shot people in green/blue gear.
Hold on... Rakata ear/implants? Yes they take awhile, but anything below them follow the same notion, as my crafted purples have a similar trade off when compairing them to recuit.
Recuit Ear:
62WP, 69END, 69EXP, 36POW, 42ALA

Non-Augmented Expert Exhilarating:
47WP, 53END, 60POW(!), 27SUR, 23ALA
My Augmented Expert Exhilarating
65WP, 65END, 60POW, 27SUR, 23ALA

Same thing goes for implants. I didn't change them until I had my BM ones..
I was broke when I dinged 50 b/c crafting in pre1.2 ATE my funds, so having 350k to spend was not even close to possible. No, I am not assuming "weeks" of dailies. In 30 min, you can get 8 dailies on ILUM. Each 50 epic purple piece of armor/mod costs...... 8 dailies. 2 hours of dailies fills one orange piece with lvl 50 epics. Find a cyber/biochem to get you some t3 purps, buy armor/mods with dailies and use recruit gear to fill in the gaps. This is to supplement you until you get to BM pieces.
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

L-RANDLE
05.09.2012 , 12:17 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by looneybinjim View Post
700 expertise is better than 0 expertise. fact.
Assumung main stats are the same? Yes.
Decreased main stats? Not so much..
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

NDiggy
05.09.2012 , 12:31 PM | #127
I've been reading your posts and I'm not sure you understand how expertise works. Expertise on pvp gear more than makes up for the loss in other stats. You could be in full rakata and not do as much damage as someone in recruit gear or take as much damage either. Pve gear is never better than pvp gear. That is the point of expertise and why they changed the way it scales in 1.2. Before 1.2, pve gear was still good in pvp, not so much now.
A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats. -
Benjamin Franklin

looneybinjim
05.09.2012 , 12:37 PM | #128
the expertise on recruit gear more than makes up for lesser stats. the most important part of expertise and the main thing it has that pve gear does not is damage reduction. without the damage reduction, it doesnt matter how much dps you can do because you wont be alive long enough to do it. anyone with expertise will destroy you in short order.

Shadenuat
05.09.2012 , 12:39 PM | #129
They should give about 2K more HP from recruit set. Not main stats, whatever, Expertise will compensate that a bit, but people should stop melting with their fresh bought 13K HP. It just not fair for new people.

NDiggy
05.09.2012 , 01:07 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadenuat View Post
They should give about 2K more HP from recruit set. Not main stats, whatever, Expertise will compensate that a bit, but people should stop melting with their fresh bought 13K HP. It just not fair for new people.
More HP would be nice. PvP has some serious balancing issues right now that, if fixed, would alleviate some of the issues of people melting.
A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats. -
Benjamin Franklin