What was the point of disabling Exit Area? Stuck in Mind Trap for 20mins!!

Failing to pay your TAXES, err REPAIR BILL, is an exploit. The repair costs mechanics are there to enhance the gaming experience for subscribers. If you aren't feeling the love from all of the credit sinks in the game then you're just not enjoying the game as intended. So in the words of GZ and the dev team, " **** *** and enjoy the game!". Edited by ShadowAxx

This change made no one happy. This change made some people unhappy. Exiting an area to escape a few repairs was not breaking the game in the slightest. Bioware, get your priorities sorted out please. Was this change really the smart thing to do in your situation?

Stop wasting time taking away things that marginally benefit the player while dragging your behins on the real issues. I dont care if one guy spent 5 minutes on that change. That 5 minutes should have been spent getting coffee for the guys working on transfers.

In short - disabling Exit Area was a bad move when there are numerous known bugs in Operations content across the board.

That would hold some weight IF...

...The most common use of "Exit Area" wasn't to avoid repair costs for NON TANKS on a regular wipe, that, in turn, presented a systematic bias on the "Operative Costs" for the tanks on any Guild so...

...BW fixed it in the right way, by reducing costs for EVERY1 to 1/3 and been sure that as much ppl as possible pay the same for failing an encounter.

So, again, ppl complaining about this are mostly the DPSers/Healers that got used to save extra credits each time a regular wipe was triggered...

...Meanwhile, ppl bothered by bugs...

...Complain about the bugs themselves, which must be fixed with independence on how some persons can overcome them...

...Not like the OP of this same thread that, trying to justify the real use (Saving costs on regular wipes) goes so far trying to dramatize the impact of bugs on OPs that he "creates" an impossible scenario with or without "exit area" in combat allowed.

Edited by ragamer

...BW fixed it in the right way, by reducing costs for EVERY1 to 1/3 and been sure that as much ppl as possible pay the same for failing an encounter.

Sorry but this "fix" wan not necessary. As a guild, we help one another, and in this case we help those members who get hit with the repair costs when many of us could exit. Now, in many cases nobody can survive a wipe.

Result... more run out of money during long OPs play, thus we either can't finish or some members have stopped playing.

Removing the ability to exit so the entire team does not wipe is just another example of another stupid credit sink in the game and Bioware saying FU to it's subscribers.

Probably massive exaggeration from the OP for a reason to come here and QQ to bioware.

You get killed in 3min in HM and get booted out of a trap in 60sec in story mode.

I call the op massive bs.

Edited by ElitehunterDS

Sorry but this "fix" wan not necessary. As a guild, we help one another, and in this case we help those members who get hit with the repair costs when many of us could exit. Now, in many cases nobody can survive a wipe.

Result... more run out of money during long OPs play, thus we either can't finish or some members have stopped playing.

Removing the ability to exit so the entire team does not wipe is just another example of another stupid credit sink in the game and Bioware saying FU to it's subscribers.

I don't know why there is so much hyperbole these days.

A full repair from red is about 30-40k credits. That's peanuts. I know people who barely play outside of raid days who have no problems with repairs.

This simply isn't a problem.

In my experience the logic of ppl that seeks to reduce their costs to the minimum allowing others to pay for them is directly linked to selfish personalities... I have a hard time believing those same persons will then voluntarily give money to others.

In any case, it's very easy to catch a drama person:

A full red rakata gear repair bill is around 20k now (compared to the 50k before)... It takes 9 deaths on the average for 1 of your pieces to become Red...

...Doing Belsavis or Corellia daily mission pack gives an average of 100k-200k depending on the luck you have with trash drops and, ppl at rakata level can make them in around 1h (belsavis-solo) or 40m (corellia-duo) (Relaxed rate... not mindnumbling speed runs. SOmething you can do while chitchating and joking).

So really... Are you telling me, that ppl on your guild cannot offset their costs just by doing dailies?. This means that at least each person is dying 100K/20K = 5x9 = 45 Times on each of your raiding sessions? How much time it takes for you to die 45 times? A "good" recovery dicipline can cut down wipe recover time to something close to 3m... So assuming you go on 8 man and you are always combat rezzing a poor soul on each wipe... 45 x 7/8 x 3m = 118m is the minimum time needed to die as many times (This OFC assumes you don't spend any time organizing and that you wipe at the very moment you pull... Each time).

But notice that by just doing dailies... In LESS time you earn more money than needed to whistand your anomalous death rate.

You know what I think? That your guild (it it exists... Because the usual complainer about repair costs is the casual solo player that goes on PuGs everywhere to High-end) is one of those PvP/PvE hybrids I have PuGed with... That has grown used to PvP casual mode were you don't need to care about getting involved into support gaming activities... And now that you are peeking into PvE action and your errors have a cost involved you are too lazy to spend 1h a week to get the funds to die like mad on all your weekly Operations (The alternative, ofc, is maybe getting some tactics somewhere... You may believe it or not, but dying 45 times in 118m is not a "good sign" that you are using the correct approach to PvE).

This was happening before... But only the tanks were charged 3 times the figures you are seeing now... And no, if all your guild members have problems now to pay 1/3 individual costs... I highly doubt you "helped" your tanks before.

Edited by ragamer

Sorry forgot to add, /stuck DID NOT work. It DID teleport me for about 1 foot, but it did not kill us. Not sure if it was because we where in combat, (which I did try and it does work) or *** was going on.

But changes like this (Exit Area) are REALLY stupid.

why didn't you just drop group? it would have kicked you from the zone.

Side note: there are 2 reasons why this was probably added. 1. Stop pug griefing. 2. Exiting area during combat is probably responsible for boss encounters bugging out.