Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reverse Engineering Question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Reverse Engineering Question

SWDonkey
05.09.2012 , 09:26 AM | #1
We are a smaller guild and have been running through the level 50 flashpoints. We had a Xenotech Stalkers Legs drop. No one in the group could really use them so my guildmate won it on a random roll. He has cybertech as a crew skill, can he pull out the armoring and mods from the gear and RE them to try and learn the schemtic?

Also, can you do that with items like the Rakata Earpiece that you get with daily commendations.

Sorry if this is a repost or stupid question, couldn't seem to find an answer while searching through the forums.
Kegalos| Swearengen | Talean
Jedi Knights of Cydonia - Guildmaster

Aphraell
05.09.2012 , 09:40 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by SWDonkey View Post
We are a smaller guild and have been running through the level 50 flashpoints. We had a Xenotech Stalkers Legs drop. No one in the group could really use them so my guildmate won it on a random roll. He has cybertech as a crew skill, can he pull out the armoring and mods from the gear and RE them to try and learn the schemtic?

Also, can you do that with items like the Rakata Earpiece that you get with daily commendations.

Sorry if this is a repost or stupid question, couldn't seem to find an answer while searching through the forums.
No to all the above sorry. Nothing out of Flashpoints can be RE'd for a schematic. Nothing out of EV/KP any mode can be RE'd. Most things out of the new Operation Explosive Content - Denova. Can be RE'd. EG: Mod/Enhancement/Barrel/Hilt 26. Implants/Earpeices. All Campaign gear.

SWDonkey
05.09.2012 , 09:50 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Aphraell View Post
No to all the above sorry. Nothing out of Flashpoints can be RE'd for a schematic. Nothing out of EV/KP any mode can be RE'd. Most things out of the new Operation Explosive Content - Denova. Can be RE'd. EG: Mod/Enhancement/Barrel/Hilt 26. Implants/Earpeices. All Campaign gear.
Ah well that sucks. What exactly does campaign gear mean? I keep seeing that but I don't know what it is.
Kegalos| Swearengen | Talean
Jedi Knights of Cydonia - Guildmaster