Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cannot set up subscription- says i need to redeem my code- already have

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Cannot set up subscription- says i need to redeem my code- already have

Bricksquadxmmg
12.13.2011 , 11:53 AM | #1
So I am trying to set up my subscription and on the overview page under my account it is saying I need to redeem my code...I already have done this though and my code under preorder is there. I also have the game client downloaded.. help please

Iccanui
12.13.2011 , 11:55 AM | #2
I think i figured this out.

Our redemption got us access to the betas, but now we have to wait for another round of invites to get early access based off when we placed the pre-order. It makes sense to re-ward the people that pre-ordered right away and placed faith in this product.

Bricksquadxmmg
12.13.2011 , 11:56 AM | #3
I was thinking this as well...have u had the same problem

Kheyl
12.13.2011 , 12:00 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Bricksquadxmmg View Post
So I am trying to set up my subscription and on the overview page under my account it is saying I need to redeem my code...I already have done this though and my code under preorder is there. I also have the game client downloaded.. help please
The code it is referring to is the code that will come with the game when it is released on the 20th

dynamickilla
12.13.2011 , 12:00 PM | #5
The code you have is the early access preorder code, the code they are talking about is the CD Key that you will get with your disks, or in the case of a digital download purchase, the email you will get on the 20th.

Packetdancer
12.13.2011 , 12:01 PM | #6
If you're trying to log in during early access, you'll get the Subscription error until your early access phase begins. Product key redemption doesn't actually get recognized by the system yet, according to other posts and tweets from Bioware folks.

In other words, just sit tight and don't worry about that message right now; eventually you'll get into early access, and the subscription stuff doesn't really apply until actual launch day (December 20).

Hope that helps?
Pahke Stardancer (Jedi Sentinel, Save Taris) / Random CS Forum Participant
Writer, photographer, software engineer, GAMER.

docTOR: SWTOR Launcher Troubleshooting Guide

Bricksquadxmmg
12.13.2011 , 12:03 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Packetdancer View Post
If you're trying to log in during early access, you'll get the Subscription error until your early access phase begins. Product key redemption doesn't actually get recognized by the system yet, according to other posts and tweets from Bioware folks.

In other words, just sit tight and don't worry about that message right now; eventually you'll get into early access, and the subscription stuff doesn't really apply until actual launch day (December 20).

Hope that helps?
Thanks!

Aorist
12.13.2011 , 12:04 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kheyl View Post
The code it is referring to is the code that will come with the game when it is released on the 20th
Are you sure its not referring to the code that we already updated our accounts with to get early game access? I tried to put in this code and it told my it was already in use....this is my code remind you.
mens sana in corpore sano
"a sound mind in a sound body"

Aorist
12.13.2011 , 12:06 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by dynamickilla View Post
The code you have is the early access preorder code, the code they are talking about is the CD Key that you will get with your disks, or in the case of a digital download purchase, the email you will get on the 20th.
Oh sweet, that makes sense.
mens sana in corpore sano
"a sound mind in a sound body"