Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Arsenal talent Barrage doesn't work

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Arsenal talent Barrage doesn't work
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

acnoj
05.01.2012 , 08:18 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by APeckenpaugh View Post
Hey guys, I'm not seeing this internally, but after looking at the script, I did notice that the Barrage buff is removed prematurely when you are NOT dual wielding.
Hrm, thanks APeckenpaugh. Still doesn't explain why my Unload numbers seem much lower than they should be though, so I'll re-test and get back to you.
A.K.A Freehugs (mmo-mechanics forums), Aid (Dalbora server)
Drawn and Dangerous, a D&D webcomic

Qaletaqaa
05.03.2012 , 12:50 AM | #42
I guess I don't understand what the dev just said. When would an arsenal merc not be using dual pistols?
Qale

IrotNoot
05.03.2012 , 12:23 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Qaletaqaa View Post
I guess I don't understand what the dev just said. When would an arsenal merc not be using dual pistols?
^^ This.

As an arsenal Merc, I can't think of any reason why someone would only be using one pistol.
If there is a good reason or build that I've missed, Id love to see it.

acnoj
05.05.2012 , 04:39 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by APeckenpaugh View Post
In other words, as long as you're dual wielding, Barrage is working as intended.
APeckenpaugh, I went through some data today that Axien collected, running the same test but with two weapons equipped. We made the following observations:
1) Operations Target Dummies have no defense (I'd expect a 10% chance to dodge/parry/deflect/whatever).
2) The Barrage buff is still dropping off early at random times. It drops off during the channel rather than at the start of the channel. We can't say for sure that this is effecting damage though. The combat log shows the Barrage effect sometimes ends before the final ticks of damage, but the time stamp suggests that the effect ends and the damage occurs in the same millisecond so the log is probably just listing these results alphabetically.
3) By comparing Minimum and Maximum Unload hits (separating main-hand and off-hand, crit and non-crit), we observed that Barrage is applying an 18-19% damage increase. We're thinking that Barrage is increasing Unloads damage from 133% with Riddle, to 158% (133+25) with Barrage: a 18.797% damage increase.

So point 3 is why my Unload damage seemed to come out too low, I expected Barrage to incrase damage by 25% but the way it stacks with Riddle means it's really 18.8%.

witchdoctaah
05.05.2012 , 07:59 PM | #45
Dev's say its working..you guys keep doing tests proving its not in one shape or another.

Either Switch to Pyro and not worry about it anymore like i have &/or, un-sub...like i have too.

acnoj
05.06.2012 , 07:17 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by witchdoctaah View Post
Dev's say its working..you guys keep doing tests proving its not in one shape or another.

Either Switch to Pyro and not worry about it anymore like i have &/or, un-sub...like i have too.
You're saying that we shouldn't report issues that we find or concerns that we have? That I should stop playing something I enjoy because I don't like the way a skill is calculated?

I don't expect anything to change at this point, just reporting what I found.

Axien
05.07.2012 , 01:54 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by acnoj View Post
So point 3 is why my Unload damage seemed to come out too low, I expected Barrage to incrase damage by 25% but the way it stacks with Riddle means it's really 18.8%.
APeckenpaugh, this is my question too. The line adjoining Riddle & Barrage, indicates to me that we should be receiving a 25% increase on Unload with Riddle, albeit this is ambigious. The line may just indicate a pre-requisite talent. Could you please clarify the maths on this?

Arzoo
05.07.2012 , 02:00 AM | #48
FYI, target lock doesn't provide the crit multiplier to unload. That might be skewing your results.

I'd just LOVE if APeckenpaugh went and checked that one for us, since I've tested the Commando version and it ALSO doesn't seem to work, and in addition to that someone posted logs that seem to show cell charger not working with full auto either.

APeckenpaugh
05.08.2012 , 08:48 PM | #49 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by acnoj View Post
I haven't checked your math, but your logic is correct. In the current game, the way our math works is that multiplicative mods are summed in their entirety and then applied, such that if you received a 33% damage bonus to Unload, and then received a 25% damage bonus to Unload, you'd receive a [1+0.33+0.25=1.58] damage increase to Unload, NOT a [(1+0.33)*1.25=1.66] damage increase to Unload.
Austin Peckenpaugh
Class Designer

Ansalem
05.09.2012 , 06:33 PM | #50
you are seeing lower dmg with unload because heat signature is not working correctly. Lower dmg across the board on everything. Check your dmg with a 2 stack up that should give you max unload dmg atm which is sad.