Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Client crash after clicking 'Play' in the launcher

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Client crash after clicking 'Play' in the launcher
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bombardi
05.08.2012 , 03:55 PM | #1
Is there a solution for this?? I notice a lot of people having this issue. I sent in a ticket 2 days ago, then upon request sent in my dxdiag.txt, launcher logs, and client logs...no response. I have reinstalled the client 4 times. I've turned off my firewall and anti-virus. Nothing is working. HELP!

So, here is my DirectX Diagnostic:
Spoiler

Spoiler Tags added - CS

Bombardi
05.08.2012 , 03:56 PM | #2
Here is my launcher log:

Spoiler

Bombardi
05.08.2012 , 03:57 PM | #3
Spoiler

Bombardi
05.08.2012 , 03:58 PM | #4
Spoiler

Beesodd
05.08.2012 , 04:02 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Bombardi,

I take it from the title of your post that you have completed the troubleshooting steps on this page.

It's possible that there's a display issue causing this,

Please try navigating to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\sett ings, and enter the client_settings file. In there, change the FullScreen = true to FullScreen = false and D3DFullScreen = true to D3DFullScreen = false, and restart the game.

Also, just FYI, that launcher log shows a successful launch. Thanks.

I hope this helps.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

clanbishop
05.08.2012 , 04:28 PM | #6
Having same issues and did same things above. I am unable to figure out how to navigate to make those changes. please help me figure this out.

Beesodd
05.08.2012 , 04:37 PM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi clanbishop,

You may need to set hidden files to visible to follow this path. Alternately, you can copy the following into your search bar and press enter.

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\

If you are using XP the path is C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\SWTOR\swtor\

I hope this helps.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support