Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic Official Podcast Episode I

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic Official Podcast Episode I
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SentinelDranoel
05.08.2012 , 03:08 PM | #11
What is the point of a group finder on a near dead server, I would not have bothered bringing it up in the podcast...
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix

MrSIlverSurfing
05.08.2012 , 03:11 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SentinelDranoel View Post
What is the point of a group finder on a near dead server, I would not have bothered bringing it up in the podcast...
Exactly. This all is canned, David Bass said the exact same things on the other podcast a few days ago. Great idea, but talk about the real issues. If you don't talk about the issues it will just be negative publicity with all of the forum/youtube post rage.

dankat
05.08.2012 , 03:21 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Dezzi View Post
So I guess the family tree--which can't be shared with other players, serves no mechanical gameplay purpose, and is extremely limited in scope (single line trees?)--that was good enough? Right?

Is that why the PTS is hardly used and the player feedback is largely ignored?
1. Nice job nitpicking.
2. We don't know this, maybe or maybe not when it comes to player feedback. Do they have to respnd "We'll implement this immediately! Thanks for your perfect opinion player person!" to every idea? They have a podcast and a Q&A as a main way to see interaction with the community, do we have to see Bioware yellow text on every thread that predicts the doom of the game anyway? They may or may not, you don't know and I don't know, and people do use the PTS. And if they are lowly populated, how is Bioware going to get feedback in the first place?
Damn the fool who said history doesn't repeat itself, he clearly was not talking about MMOS.

Drudenfusz
05.08.2012 , 03:23 PM | #14
Currently listening... will return later and write here something more about what I think about ist.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Ratito
05.08.2012 , 03:24 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
A lot of great info here, I might make a thread highlighting the best parts.
do it or wait Dulfy
HUNTER, SEEKER, KILLER FOR HIRE

Dezzi
05.08.2012 , 03:27 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by dankat View Post
1. Nice job nitpicking.
2. We don't know this, maybe or maybe not when it comes to player feedback. Do they have to respnd "We'll implement this immediately! Thanks for your perfect opinion player person!" to every idea? They have a podcast and a Q&A as a main way to see interaction with the community, do we have to see Bioware yellow text on every thread that predicts the doom of the game anyway? They may or may not, you don't know and I don't know, and people do use the PTS. And if they are lowly populated, how is Bioware going to get feedback in the first place?
It's nitpicking because you don't agree. The family tree is fluff, and even as a roleplayer--which was supposedly the group being targeted with the family tree--the feature is worthless to me; I can't share it with anyone. It's about as useful as writing my family tree down on a napkin.

Good thing they put today's patch on the PTS to get feedback right?
Ebon Hawk (RP)
Peace | Knowledge | Serenity | the Force
I'm a Jedi because the galaxy needs Jedi.

Galbatorrix
05.08.2012 , 03:39 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SentinelDranoel View Post

They already said that transfers were coming soon.....

Brimmer
05.08.2012 , 03:43 PM | #18
It's the drunk tank (roosterteeth) SWTOR style!
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

Drudenfusz
05.08.2012 , 03:49 PM | #19
BioWare could you please make the group finder also looking for people who like to group for a world boss (the podcast wasn't clear if that might be possible).
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Brimmer
05.08.2012 , 04:04 PM | #20
Bioware send out a podcast weekly, I demand more!
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler