Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sentinel vs. Marauder animations

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Sentinel vs. Marauder animations

whodatdude
05.06.2012 , 07:35 PM | #1
Does anyone else find the Marauder animations a lot less satisfying and weak compared to the Sentinel? I mean when the Sentinel is doing its attacks it feels like they are swinging those lightsabers like crazy and when the Marauder does it feels like they aren't doing any damage!

Vid-szhite
05.06.2012 , 08:15 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by whodatdude View Post
Does anyone else find the Marauder animations a lot less satisfying and weak compared to the Sentinel? I mean when the Sentinel is doing its attacks it feels like they are swinging those lightsabers like crazy and when the Marauder does it feels like they aren't doing any damage!
I find it the opposite, actually. Sentinels do make a lot of movements to throw their opponents off, but while It's visually noisy, it doesn't give a sense of power. Marauders, on the other hand, wield their sabers with such precision, skill, and acrobatic grace that you can't follow their movements anyway, so they don't need to go crazy with feints like the Sentinel.

The Knights' attacks, in my opinion, don't sound powerful. It gives the feeling that the Jedi is fencing, and merely touching the opponent with his lightsaber, not swinging a sword like the Warrior.

Galbatorrix
05.07.2012 , 11:53 AM | #3
I kind of like the difference. Sentinels have more movement and finesse and Maraduers have more subtle movements and power.

jbuschell
05.07.2012 , 12:19 PM | #4
It's personal preference really, a sentinel is like a graceful samurai the moves flow very well and that's why I like being body type 2 on my sent. On my mara I'm a body type 3 pureblood sith and it works well, the force leap seems slower but more ominous, the moves are just a lot more powerful looking.

I enjoy them both
E-Thuggin since 1987

LocoJediman
05.07.2012 , 01:09 PM | #5
My main is a guardian but recently rerolled a Jugg due to the pub side being literally dead compared to the imp side.

and I must say, I really really prefer the SW's animations over the JK's. It just seems more flowy and natural while the JKs seems kinda awkward and like another poster said, unnecessary twirling.

For the sentinel/marauders, I haven't noticed much difference in the animations honestly... maybe it's because they are DWing.

gibmachine
05.08.2012 , 06:26 AM | #6
Compare Master Strike and Ravage. Just gonna leave it at that.
The earth begins to rumble and your foes begin to tremble. You come and destruction comes with you.

Draanok

Xienive
05.08.2012 , 02:17 PM | #7
I got both to 20 before picking Marauder. The animations for Marauder are smooth, yet aggressive. The Sentinel's moves look really stale and choppy to me.
No disintegrations!
As you wish...

revial
05.08.2012 , 03:07 PM | #8
All you really have to ask yourself is, "Are those graceful Sentinel moves worth being a hobo peacenik brain-amputated tree-hugger?"

The SW is all about results.
The JK is a yoga instructor.

The choice is yours.
I may now be playing with 140 ms ping (that sometimes jumps up to 240),
but I'll still kick your behind.
Enjoying the game again on Jung Ma.
Classes left to level: Gunslinger, Assassin, Powertech