Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

still cant RE all orange crafted gear!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
still cant RE all orange crafted gear!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

lexiekaboom's Avatar


lexiekaboom
05.08.2012 , 01:47 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We have some more details about this patch note - this change made more Custom (orange) items available for reverse engineering, but it currently does not include crafted Custom items. We will be adding the ability to reverse engineer crafted Custom items in the future, but that functionality was not included in this change. Sorry for the confusion; we're updating the patch note right now.
Save us time and just don't post patch notes in the future. Just post

2.1.3 Changes

SOME STUFF! Figure it out yourselves!


That way it's like a game! People will still be forced to spend every patch day figuring out what really changed but now they will be happy when they find out all the stuff that's really been changed instead of disappointed and frustrated with the repeated inability to post patch notes that reflect how the game has changed.

Entilzha's Avatar


Entilzha
05.08.2012 , 01:59 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Jica View Post
What I do not get is why they do not make a portion of dropped greens/loot RE-able into orange shells. A lot of that armor is normally useless (stat wise) and people would be able to customize their looks further.
Some of the "green" stuff looks better than the craftable items

A lot of the craftable green/blue/purple items that we can make are becoming useless with the expansion of the orange stuff. I think it would have been much easier to create an appearance tab (see LOTRO) instead of expanding the orange.

Urdnaxela's Avatar


Urdnaxela
05.08.2012 , 02:00 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Zocat View Post
I can reverse engineer my War Hero crafted oranges.
Which is a "Crafted custom item" - which you claim cannot be REed.
sorry, don't take it the wrong way but... you're thick m8.

i will come again and will give you more details in some other post... maybe.

geez....
Proud member of the Red Zone .

Tarn_Sirun's Avatar


Tarn_Sirun
05.08.2012 , 02:05 PM | #44
I was curious, the social armors in the game... can we expect to see them on the list to reverse engineer and player craft in the future? I mean the goal of the social/orange armor types was to promote more variety of appearance, and yet without the ability to RE and craft these items having them is pointless since none of them can have aug slots.

I know there are lots of orange armor types out there, but i am more concerned about the social armor, the CE social armor specifically

Zocat's Avatar


Zocat
05.08.2012 , 02:19 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Urdnaxela View Post
sorry, don't take it the wrong way but... you're thick m8.

i will come again and will give you more details in some other post... maybe.

geez....
Please do so. Might be because English is not my native language, but to me the yellow claim and what actually is implemented in game are 2 different things.

Prior to the patch I couldnt RE WarHero craftables. And no other craftables as well.
The yellow now says "it doesnt include crafted custom items" and "it wasnt included in this change".
But now I am able to RE the craftable WarHero gear. Which leads me to believe that it was changed.

It just shows that no one has any idea what actually is implemented in the patches.

Urdnaxela's Avatar


Urdnaxela
05.08.2012 , 02:21 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Zocat View Post
Please do so. Might be because English is not my native language, but to me the yellow claim and what actually is implemented in game are 2 different things.

Prior to the patch I couldnt RE WarHero craftables. And no other craftables as well.
The yellow now says "it doesnt include crafted custom items" and "it wasnt included in this change".
But now I am able to RE the craftable WarHero gear. Which leads me to believe that it was changed.

It just shows that no one has any idea what actually is implemented in the patches.
sorry, i think we both misunderstood each other.

i was under the impression that you advocated that BW's patch notes (that were btw changed recently to reflect reality... sort of) are ok.

so for my part, if that was not your intent, i beg your pardon.
Proud member of the Red Zone .

AllisonBerryman's Avatar


AllisonBerryman
05.08.2012 , 02:22 PM | #47 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
As some of you have mentioned, endgame crafted Custom items (like Campaign and Black Hole gear) CAN be reverse engineered. Non-endgame crafted Custom items and social gear cannot be reverse engineered at this time - sorry again for the confusion; we'll make sure the patch note reflects this. We do still plan on allowing non-endgame crafted items to be reverse engineered in the future.

Urdnaxela's Avatar


Urdnaxela
05.08.2012 , 02:26 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
As some of you have mentioned, endgame crafted Custom items (like Campaign and Black Hole gear) CAN be reverse engineered. Non-endgame crafted Custom items cannot be reverse engineered at this time - sorry again for the confusion; we'll make sure the patch note reflects this. We do still plan on allowing non-endgame crafted items to be reverse engineered in the future.
Oh, thank you thank you.

I'm willing to bet my life on the fact that this is just damage control for yet another glitch in the patch.

This only makes it worse.

Out of 14 people i know that bought this game none but me still plays it - i love Star Wars universe, i;m kind of a freak (my wife tells me) watching the movies once per year, and i plan to indoctrinate my son into this as well, but this won't hold me for much longer.

You will soon find yourselves barking at the moon.

P.S. don't take it personally please, i know you;re just a messenger -> AllisonBerryman
Proud member of the Red Zone .

Urdnaxela's Avatar


Urdnaxela
05.08.2012 , 02:27 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Urdnaxela View Post
Oh, thank you thank you.

I'm willing to bet my life on the fact that this is just damage control for yet another glitch in the patch.

This only makes it worse.

Out of 14 people i know* that bought this game none but me still plays it - i love Star Wars universe, i;m kind of a freak (my wife tells me) watching the movies once per year, and i plan to indoctrinate my son into this as well, but this won't hold me for much longer.

You will soon find yourselves barking at the moon.

P.S. don't take it personally please, i know you;re just a messenger -> AllisonBerryman
*my generation usually considers "knowing" people as knowing and interacting with them in RL not a virtual environment. So yes, 14 real flesh and bones persons...

-> ooops, quoted instead of editing <-
Proud member of the Red Zone .

Bem-de's Avatar


Bem-de
05.08.2012 , 02:27 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
As some of you have mentioned, endgame crafted Custom items (like Campaign and Black Hole gear) CAN be reverse engineered. Non-endgame crafted Custom items cannot be reverse engineered at this time - sorry again for the confusion; we'll make sure the patch note reflects this. We do still plan on allowing non-endgame crafted items to be reverse engineered in the future.
Does the future plans also include to be able to learn receipts like for example the republican dancer outfit via RE which is bop since its from the authenticator token vendor ?
It's a trap...