Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

still cant RE all orange crafted gear!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
still cant RE all orange crafted gear!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JhonBlaz_IMP_
05.08.2012 , 12:20 PM | #31
"Custom (orange) moddable items that have no modifications installed can now be reverse engineered."

*** guys. this is wrong.....

We shouldn't have to figure anything out like putting our classes armoring in. Stop screwing around so much, your starting to remind me of SOE. If people have to be replaced do it. this game needs changing quick.

CANE
<Rage>
The Crucible Pits

G_Vega
05.08.2012 , 12:25 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by BobaFetaCheese View Post
The problem is that Bioware is being very vague in their patch notes. They aren't clearly detailing which sets of custom items can be reverse-engineered. Many people took the patch notes the wrong way because of this.
QFT!

They really need to clarify.
50 Marauder, Sentinel, Vanguard, Mercenary, Juggernaut

It's a long way back to Grandville, but these wonderful devs keep updating my GPS...

Alvestar
05.08.2012 , 12:43 PM | #33
If it's a communication problem I really don't see why they keep making the same mistake time and time again. Come on Bioware, you only need to use a word processor to fix it!

Anecdote
05.08.2012 , 12:55 PM | #34
The items have the tooltips that suggest RE is possible, but the items are still grayed out. Perhaps it's still buggy?
Blame for error always lies with those who act; those who do nothing, what do they have to be wrong about?

AllisonBerryman
05.08.2012 , 01:11 PM | #35 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
We have some more details about this patch note - this change made more Custom (orange) items available for reverse engineering, but it currently does not include crafted Custom items. We will be adding the ability to reverse engineer crafted Custom items in the future, but that functionality was not included in this change. Sorry for the confusion; we're updating the patch note right now.

JhonBlaz_IMP_
05.08.2012 , 01:16 PM | #36
YAY thank u. I bought some social orange items and tried to RE them with no luck. Which items did you make re-able? FP drops OPs drops Black hole gear? what...

Jica
05.08.2012 , 01:28 PM | #37
What I do not get is why they do not make a portion of dropped greens/loot RE-able into orange shells. A lot of that armor is normally useless (stat wise) and people would be able to customize their looks further.
Ecca : (Section One) on "The Fatman"

XavinNydek
05.08.2012 , 01:29 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We have some more details about this patch note - this change made more Custom (orange) items available for reverse engineering, but it currently does not include crafted Custom items. We will be adding the ability to reverse engineer crafted Custom items in the future, but that functionality was not included in this change. Sorry for the confusion; we're updating the patch note right now.
Huh? The whole reason we want to RE orange gear (assuming we can't get schematics from it), is so that we don't have to vendor all the crit failures when making augmented oranges. There's no point in letting us RE non-crafted oranges for a few common crafting mats, don't waste your time.

The miscommunications about crafting changes also have to stop. Either list every single item that has had a change and what that change was (preferable, since you have to have those lists internally), or be very, very specific about the group of items that you changed, eg, "flashpoint orange drops are now REable for common crafting materials only", "crafted oranges from UT schematics", "oranges from repeatable heroics", etc. Be specific, even if you feel like you need to split that out into a different set of patch notes for the non-casuals.

SWImara
05.08.2012 , 01:40 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by XavinNydek View Post
Huh? The whole reason we want to RE orange gear (assuming we can't get schematics from it), is so that we don't have to vendor all the crit failures when making augmented oranges. There's no point in letting us RE non-crafted oranges for a few common crafting mats, don't waste your time.

The miscommunications about crafting changes also have to stop. Either list every single item that has had a change and what that change was (preferable, since you have to have those lists internally), or be very, very specific about the group of items that you changed, eg, "flashpoint orange drops are now REable for common crafting materials only", "crafted oranges from UT schematics", "oranges from repeatable heroics", etc. Be specific, even if you feel like you need to split that out into a different set of patch notes for the non-casuals.
I'll definitely go on board on this note. SWTOR's patch notes have been consistently and embarrassingly underwhelming, it'd be really great if we could get actual lists of what's been changed in general from one patch to another.

Zocat
05.08.2012 , 01:46 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
I can reverse engineer my War Hero crafted oranges.
Which is a "Crafted custom item" - which you claim cannot be REed.