Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GTN Search Issues [BUG]

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lain
05.04.2012 , 02:46 PM | #91
"Any" is not being picked up by the AH, you have to pick a Quality level. In most cases "Cheap" = "Any" before the patch.

JovethGonzalez
05.08.2012 , 01:10 PM | #92 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi folks, as an update to my previous post, you should see some improvements after last night's patch (1.2.3). Specifically, these changes were made:

Galactic Trade Network
  • An issue that prevented some item category searches from functioning unless an item name or price range was also specified has been corrected.
  • The default value for the Rarity field is now Standard instead of Any. This allows players to search for most items without requiring that they select an option in the Rarity field.

We hope that this alleviates some of the issues that you've been facing as we continue to improve the GTN experience.

Eliandal
05.08.2012 , 01:57 PM | #93
Unfortunately...search is still really wonky

For instance - I listed an Advanced Overkill Augment 22 using another character this morning. You'd think I'd at least be able to bring something up using the keyword "Overkill", but no. If I use "Advanced Overkill" in the Name field, it's there clear as day. If I use nothing in the Name field, and bore down using the parameters - I can see it in the final list of augments. If at that time I add the Name Overkill (even Ove causes this) it disappears from the list.

It's kind of annoying for something that should be convenient and easy to use. I don't like having the guess at what keyword MIGHT bring up the item I'm looking for (and it's also bad news as a seller)

*Edited to add that my ticket about this (5307105) was closed minutes after submitting with the note that it's working as intended. Really? How can such counter-intuitive changes be intended?

Longarms-IV
05.09.2012 , 08:58 AM | #94
The text search is very wonky. Searching for "Bike" will not bring up Hotrigged Speeder Bike, but "hotr" will.
Si tu voulais gangner, pourquoi joues-tu avec moi?

RandoTheCommando
05.09.2012 , 01:59 PM | #95
This is shameful. Why could they not have simply restored the Any rarity parameter to its previous function as an all-inclusive? (since it was working fine as such before they broke it) Instead, they decided to remove Any and add a new, vague and misleading rarity parameter of "Standard". I don't follow this logic at all.

Kourage
05.09.2012 , 02:02 PM | #96
The GTN search sucks. Several items I tried to filter by name, but they wouldn't show up unless I left it empty. Example, speeder bike schematics. Type Hotrigged or bike or speeder and no results. Same thing with one of the crafting schematics I had.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

JovethGonzalez
05.15.2012 , 01:54 PM | #97 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi folks, I just wanted to check to see if you are still seeing issues with search as you've outlined above. Please let me know, along with any other specific details that you can share. Thanks!

EberKain
05.15.2012 , 04:00 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks, I just wanted to check to see if you are still seeing issues with search as you've outlined above. Please let me know, along with any other specific details that you can share. Thanks!
I can confirm that the text searching problem from a couple patches ago is back, seems to randomly not work for some strings but works for others. Example, I always go select armor -> any -> custom and type in Augment and now nothing or only 2-3 items comes up, when there are dozens if not a hundred on the GTN.

joeypesci
05.15.2012 , 05:15 PM | #99
Nice. So it's broken again? No wonder I'm not selling stuff. The economy and crafting is already a total mess in this game yet you keep breaking the GTN making it worse.

Longarms-IV
05.15.2012 , 07:39 PM | #100
Just tried searching for "Custom" got items, no schematics. Given I have two such schematics up for sale... (Custom-built Light Saber and Double Light Saber)
Si tu voulais gangner, pourquoi joues-tu avec moi?