Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Females more susceptible to Dark Side of the force..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Jedi Females more susceptible to Dark Side of the force..

Captain_Zone
05.08.2012 , 10:00 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by KorinHyvek View Post
More likely simply poor memory.

Overall, I'd say in general there's no real difference in susceptability between male vs female in the game, but they do adhere to a somewhat mysoginistic archetype of the "niave young woman" for Jaesa and Ashara. Nadia and Kira are a little fuzzier depending on the player's opinion of corruption.
Kira is a former street kid and Child of the Emperor with Stih training. She's trying to do good now, but doesn't always agree with LS choices. She's still a work in progress, as far as becoming a full Jedi, and even then, she'll NEVER be the "ideal" Jedi. Imo, she believes that positive emotions are better than no emotion, similar to Revan and my personal Jedi Knight character. Sometimes hard choices have to be made. If those choices get me DS points, then so be it.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

dprijadi
05.08.2012 , 10:01 AM | #12
i remember that tyhon quest, yes its the female who want revenge..

so it must be the padawan females thats weak, not the masters.. but Jedi Conselour's master (yuon a female) also got weak and insane..

Katahn
05.08.2012 , 11:11 AM | #13
Jaesa Willsaam - Can be made to fall to the Dark Side.
Ashara Zavros - Can't be turned but instead kind of "grey", never gives up calling herself a Jedi.
Nadia Grell - Romanceable, but doesn't fall to the Dark Side (that I know of).
Kira - Romanceable, but doesn't fall to the Dark Side (that I know of).

So of the four female Force-using companions... 1 can be turned for sure, 1 joins with a Dak Sider for her own reasons and never gives up being what she sees as an ideal Jedi, the other two start and stop as Jedi albeit ones that (like their male counterparts... the players) break the rules with a romance.

Heck, the idea of a female character (Ashara) being strong enough to forge her own path despite the twin influences of the Inquisitor on one side (give in to the dark side!!!!!) and the Jedi on the other (be a good girl now) I think is a remarkable needle to thread. I only wish more of her backstory and rationale for joining the SI were explored... it felt rushed and generally unsatisfying.
Katahn
- Just an aging geek that remembers seeing Ep4 in the theater as a kid and knows that Han shot first!

Rayla_Felana
05.08.2012 , 11:14 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by dprijadi View Post
i remember that tyhon quest, yes its the female who want revenge..

so it must be the padawan females thats weak, not the masters.. but Jedi Conselour's master (yuon a female) also got weak and insane..
I still don't see where this females = evil thing is coming from, throughout the whole history of Star Wars it has almost always been males that leave the order and become Sith/Dark Jedi.

stuffystuffs
05.08.2012 , 11:25 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Corruptible female apprentices are just a consequence of the fact that every Force-using player class has a sexy yet somehow vulnerable young female padawan.
Yeah...it seems more of a consequence of their romance system than anything else.

Apparently, all the male force users must be able to influence and bed their female padawan/apprentice for some reason.

Is that a Star Wars thing?
Node guarder

Katahn
05.08.2012 , 11:35 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
Yeah...it seems more of a consequence of their romance system than anything else.

Apparently, all the male force users must be able to influence and bed their female padawan/apprentice for some reason.

Is that a Star Wars thing?
Despite the best efforts of my Sith Assassin his "togruta arm candy" still refuses to give up being a Jedi or show any desire to fully embrace the power of the Dark Side.
Katahn
- Just an aging geek that remembers seeing Ep4 in the theater as a kid and knows that Han shot first!

clastodix
05.08.2012 , 01:34 PM | #17
Personally... I'd have to say that Nadia, Ashara, and Kira are all Revanites at their core. It's a playstyle I prefer as well. A grey path.

At least one of these is actually a Sith turned Jedi so you can't count her as falling even if she acts Corrupt unless you start counting all the men that were corrupt when they start off as well.

A Second one is a non-Jedi/Sith Force User trained in a grey path to begin with and only tries to be truely Jedi if you push her in that direction that just happens to join one of the Orders as the story progresses.

And the Third even though she does fall to Corruption still Rejects part of what it means to be a Sith which is what made Revan himself so dangerous an adversary on his own.

As for Yuon. If your going to count her falling. You also have to count her male Counterparts as that story progresses which outnumber her 3 to 1 in falling to the influence of the dark side. You just see it much more in Yuon because you deal with her more closely as it progresses until you free her. Which would mean that it is the Males that are more susceptable in that story arc.