Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Females more susceptible to Dark Side of the force..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Jedi Females more susceptible to Dark Side of the force..

dprijadi
05.08.2012 , 07:44 AM | #1
In SWTOR it seems a plethora of incidents that indicates jedi female are more confused and more easily swayed to dark side.. maybe this only in the padawan phase..

what i see in the companion stories like Jaesa and Ashara, they both are not high level jedi but they seem confused and easily swayed to dark side.. havent seen a male jedi potrayed like these though (in SWTOR at least)..

am i the only one that notice this ?

Rayla_Felana
05.08.2012 , 07:55 AM | #2
2 out of a 10,000 strong Jedi order? not really, Bengel Morr for one, his apprentice, the guy the Sith Warrior fights on Jaesa's flagship, Nomen Karr, etc...

bright_ephemera
05.08.2012 , 07:56 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by dprijadi View Post
what i see in the companion stories like Jaesa and Ashara, they both are not high level jedi but they seem confused and easily swayed to dark side.. havent seen a male jedi potrayed like these though (in SWTOR at least)..
There are two male Force users among companions, and both have been trained to the Dark Side since birth, so they have nowhere to fall.

Corruptible female apprentices are just a consequence of the fact that every Force-using player class has a sexy yet somehow vulnerable young female padawan. Sith don't even have padawans, but players adopt sexy yet somehow vulnerable young female ones.

The Jedi Knight deals with falling/fallen Knights and padawans of both genders, I think. Can't think of any examples offhand - I'll get back to you. The Sith Warrior attempts to break the will of a number of male Jedi and may succeed, though the consequences don't play out in the questlines.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Amien
05.08.2012 , 08:01 AM | #4
Look at Satele and the Kiera.
Also as for Ashara:

Spoiler
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
New Thread:http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=297

bright_ephemera
05.08.2012 , 08:36 AM | #5
A few case studies:

COMPANIONS:

Kira's a babe. You can sleep with her. Contrast with Lord Scourge, who will never change his philosophy. Corruption winner: female.
Nadia's a babe. You can sleep with her. Corruption winner: female.
Jaesa's a babe. You can choose a path that will corrupt her, then sleep with her. Corruption winner: female.
Ashara's a babe. You can drag her to your side, then sleep with her. Contrast with the possible spoiler, but the winner is female.
Spoiler

JEDI KNIGHT

In one of the first Tython quests, when Flesh Raiders attack several padawans, I think it's the male padawan advocating bloody revenge and the female being more inclined to take the wounded and go home. (EDIT: CORRECTION, I'm completely wrong and the woman does the bloodthirsty rage. Winner: female.)

Spoiler
though damned if I remember his details. Winner: male.

Spoiler
Winner: male.

Spoiler

SITH WARRIOR

All but eight non-party Sith NPCs are male. In the entire game, including people standing in the background. None of those eight women were born Jedi and then corrupted. Winner: male.

You can break a Jedi's will in an Act 1 interlude, leaving him angry, bitter, and broken. However, the total defeat of a female Jedi on Balmorra fails to shake her conviction. Winner: male. I know there's at least one other example of the Warrior's hit-and-run corruption.

Spoiler

IMPERIAL AGENT

Spoiler

In conclusion, even in roughly 50/50 populations, men do an awful job of staying on the straight and narrow. I think the companion effect gives a close-up but nonrepresentative sample.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

dprijadi
05.08.2012 , 08:55 AM | #6
satele a bit dark imho..cmost of her coversation is a bit intimidating, threatening and warlike.. i remember seeing jer holo in blacktalon instance threanening or bluffing like she is a dark sith lord

Eggsalicious
05.08.2012 , 09:31 AM | #7
JEDI KNIGHT

In one of the first Tython quests, when Flesh Raiders attack several padawans, I think it's the male padawan advocating bloody revenge and the female being more inclined to take the wounded and go home. Winner: male.

...only not.

Revisionism ftw.

Guildrum
05.08.2012 , 09:36 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Eggsalicious View Post
JEDI KNIGHT

In one of the first Tython quests, when Flesh Raiders attack several padawans, I think it's the male padawan advocating bloody revenge and the female being more inclined to take the wounded and go home. Winner: male.

...only not.

Revisionism ftw.
Actually no, reverse. The male Zabrak says that revenge is not in line with Jedi teachings, while the girl says, "Let's get back at them." Winner: Female
The Shaffer Legacy: Begeren Colony

Shaffer Lazy-eye Horace Sleth
Journalist, Pirate Bodyguard Sith

bright_ephemera
05.08.2012 , 09:42 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Guildrum View Post
Actually no, reverse. The male Zabrak says that revenge is not in line with Jedi teachings, while the girl says, "Let's get back at them." Winner: Female
Oh, ouch, my mistake. Our older Knights seem to have awfully weak men, but our padawan females are...kinda bloodthirsty, aren't they?
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

KorinHyvek
05.08.2012 , 09:43 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Eggsalicious View Post
JEDI KNIGHT

...only not.

Revisionism ftw.
More likely simply poor memory.

Overall, I'd say in general there's no real difference in susceptability between male vs female in the game, but they do adhere to a somewhat mysoginistic archetype of the "niave young woman" for Jaesa and Ashara. Nadia and Kira are a little fuzzier depending on the player's opinion of corruption.
The Ferrin Legacy, Ebon Hawk
Major Volner Ferrin // Darth Hessar