Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why was Boarding Party FP changed?

Larry_Dallas
04.30.2012 , 01:36 AM | #21
Damn. Did they do the same to foundry?

Anyways, a run of the hoth heroics takes a lot longer (maybe an hour and a half) and isn't repeatable, but also gives out way more cash once the orange and purple crap gets bought on GTN (an abnormal amount of this drops on the hoth heroics). If you're lucky and a supreme inquisitor piece drops from trash, champions or the boss chest in the one on the far east of the map, that's 100k-200k right there no matter what else you pick up. I've cleared up to 500k after all the sales came in on just one run.

And before someone tells me orange pieces are useless now that synths can make augged orange gear, realize that not every customer on GTN is a min-maxer. Some of them buy items for their level, some for their 'look'. The last set of people will pay a pretty premium for a good-looking piece of moddable gear, so you'll want to preview what it looks like before pricing an item. The level 36-40ish gear tends to look pretty darn good across most classes, for whatever reason.

Larry_Dallas
04.30.2012 , 01:39 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Wallsie View Post
1. The Hoth credit farm is no more. I know that for sure as of Wednesday night the large chest next to the champion in the front of the heroic has been completely removed, and even before that the amount of credits dropped by both it and the champions in there were nerfed something fierce.

2. Imp players have been running BP widespread since launch, whereas the Pub side has only been familiar with the Hoth credit farm in the past month or so. No complaining.
Wait, which chest? The one next to the unique jedi battlemaster by the crash site?

hulkweazel
04.30.2012 , 02:36 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Gimixes View Post
Why should it be balanced? Why does it even care so much if peeps want to earn some money that way?
Yes, let's completely ignore balance in an MMO.

I'm really glad you are not a developer for this game.

AshlaBoga
05.05.2012 , 05:20 AM | #24
1. I never got much money from the BP chests, I just killed the trash mobs really fast with Ashara and made about 40k per run after selling items I looted.
2. I would recommend farming Foundry if BP has started paying less than 40k, I farmed Foundry for a while but eventually got bored of killing Revan. The HK-47 fight goes a lot faster if you don't aggro his droids, but even then all that does is add a little time (1-2 min) to the entire fight. At level 50 HK-47 is my Bee, Eye, Tea, Sea, H

XAsymptote
05.05.2012 , 10:13 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Zocat View Post
You can still earn money that way. Nothing is stopping you from running BP.
This. Go ahead and grind BP if you are honestly convinced it's the most fun you have playing this game.

Unless, of course, this isn't about "fun" and is instead about getting upset that someone fixed a loophole you were exploiting for credits.

Thegriss
05.05.2012 , 05:15 PM | #26
The free bee inflation machine that was BP is gone. I have serveral million credits and none of them came from farming Bp.

MWidowmaker
05.06.2012 , 09:54 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by cujojax View Post
NO. to each their own, if thats how people wanna make credits then let them. Personally I hate dailies and would rather.
In the end were still talking about video game money right?? Who cares
high reward with no risk?
thats why they changed it

Sarak
05.08.2012 , 06:10 AM | #28
I have to agree with OP, put it back the way it was, please. If rebels don't have an equivalent then give them one. This is no different than people running Scarlet Monastery in World of Warcraft for fast money. Sometimes you simply can't find a group so you can't progress reliably with level 50 FPs (at least on my server it's impossible). Let us have our speeders in Flashpoints not just so we can farm credits when we get bored to buy better gear, but because some people prefer to do speed runs for social points and affection gain as well. If you look at the prices gold farmers are spamming your mailbox with, things haven't changed since speeders were taken out of there, prices are the same. It doesn't matter to bots that FPs take longer to complete. It does matter to the real player who's only trying to advance their toons.

Sarak
05.08.2012 , 06:18 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by hulkweazel View Post
You don't see anything wrong with the fastest way to farm credits being soloing a mid-level flashpoint? You don't see anything wrong with the fact that Imps have an easy access, no challenge way to farm credits that Republic didn't have access to? (Taral V farming is extremely inefficient)
You have in your sig toons on both sides of the civil war. Did you not know you can mail credits/items to your alts in the other factions? That's how I was supporting my rebels.

Bloodcharged
05.08.2012 , 07:55 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Fossman View Post
Kinda sad this was a way for me to make money without the painfully boring daily grind. Then again the BP grind was pretty boring too. But at least I could just let my mind go blank and listen to some music lol.

really wish they would increase credit rewards for doing Ops though. Progression can get expensive and I dont always have time to login and do dailies >.<
Dailies didn't take long at all, you could easily do all the Belsavis/Ilum dailies in roughly an hour or so.