Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make Recruit Gear a Requirement to Queue

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Make Recruit Gear a Requirement to Queue

NDiggy
05.07.2012 , 09:20 PM | #1
Its bad enough I have to wait 30 minutes to an hour just to get in a Warzone. But once I get in I get stuck with people who can't even be bothered to buy the Recruit set before they queue up for a WZ and then get steamrolled and are nothing but a liability to the team. Make it so you have to have at least the Recruit set before you can queue up for WZs.
A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats. -
Benjamin Franklin

NDiggy
05.07.2012 , 09:33 PM | #2
Woot, queue just popped after an hour and a half, 5 people on our team vs 8 on the other. 1 person on our team had 11k health, no pvp gear at all. Good times.
Benjamin Franklin

DiabloMuerto
05.07.2012 , 09:47 PM | #3
Well I'm not sure you suggestion is plausible but I do agree that it is very annoying when that happens. I play on a good population server so the que time isn't a problem for me but I don't understand why people PvP in quest/instance gear when the recruit gear can be purchased for a days worth of dailies basically. Like I think you can buy the entire set for less than 300k, which you can earn by doing all the dailies for one day, so I just don't see why you wouldn't get the set.

The recruit gear isn't the greatest thing or anything but you will certainly have a much better chance than when you come in there with your quest items on from leveling.

NDiggy
05.07.2012 , 10:00 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DiabloMuerto View Post
Well I'm not sure you suggestion is plausible but I do agree that it is very annoying when that happens. I play on a good population server so the que time isn't a problem for me but I don't understand why people PvP in quest/instance gear when the recruit gear can be purchased for a days worth of dailies basically. Like I think you can buy the entire set for less than 300k, which you can earn by doing all the dailies for one day, so I just don't see why you wouldn't get the set.

The recruit gear isn't the greatest thing or anything but you will certainly have a much better chance than when you come in there with your quest items on from leveling.
Exactly, there is no reason not to have it. People that don't buy the recruit set are hurting their teammates. Its disrespectful, and it would be easy to restrict the PvP queues to people that at least own pvp gear.
Benjamin Franklin

Foxrynn
05.07.2012 , 10:12 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by NDiggy View Post
Exactly, there is no reason not to have it. People that don't buy the recruit set are hurting their teammates. Its disrespectful, and it would be easy to restrict the PvP queues to people that at least own pvp gear.
It's also disrespectful to think that people who don't buy the recruit gear are actually trying to hurt their teammates... I'm not going to lie, when I hit 50 I had barely 80k left after buying my skills for my rotation... Recruit gear is pretty expensive for a freshly hit 50. And keep in mind even if you waited 30 minutes to an hour to days, that person has waited JUST AS LONG AS YOU, and not only that, you were in the exact same boat as he or she was.
"...live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide."

V-Serp
05.07.2012 , 10:19 PM | #6
They could either not have the money or they do have the recruit gear and you just don't realize how low the HP is for it. Recruit gear is pretty useless. I constantly see people complain about 12-13k HP but that's full recruit gear HP.

Bluetickone
05.07.2012 , 10:35 PM | #7
its beyond insane that BW allows 5v8 matches and people with 0 expertise to pvp. just wait until they add deserter debuffs and then you're really ****ed and stuck with these morons.

its especially irritating to those of us that are "og" -- got BM gear and title the old way without exploits and handouts...

Phrase
05.07.2012 , 10:37 PM | #8
The fact is that they implemented a new Expertise stat budget and a new tier of gear for ranked warzones and then didn't roll out the ranked warzones. I don't think there would be much of a problem if you had ranked pre-mades in BM/ War Hero playing each other and fresh 50 PUGS in Orange/ Recruit playing each other. It would actually be a nice bridge from the 1-49 bracket.

Sixgun
The Bastion

ShadowOfVey
05.07.2012 , 10:39 PM | #9
Recruit gear is one of the few things I think they should just go ahead and make free.

Anyone that has any real interest in pvp goes ahead and gets the little cash together and buys it, no big deal dailies whatever.

It might get a few more people interested in pvp if it was free though. Or at least some extra casual people in the queue to fill out some teams. I'm sure scattered around are some peopel that don't really care about pvp, but if the gear was free, would go ahead and grab it and run a warzone here and there.

Removing barriers to entry, minor though this one may be, can only be a good thing for a warzone queue.

oPURT
05.07.2012 , 10:41 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by NDiggy View Post
Its bad enough I have to wait 30 minutes to an hour just to get in a Warzone. But once I get in I get stuck with people who can't even be bothered to buy the Recruit set before they queue up for a WZ and then get steamrolled and are nothing but a liability to the team. Make it so you have to have at least the Recruit set before you can queue up for WZs.
Blah, blah, blah. It's a game, they can do whatever they want, just the same as you. Besides, I bet you don't complain at all when they end up on the other team.
A word to the wise is not necessary. It's the stupid ones that need the advice.

Hard work often pays off over time, but laziness always pays off immediately.