Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cross-Server Warzones Will End PvP for Me

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Cross-Server Warzones Will End PvP for Me

FlyinSpaghetti
05.07.2012 , 05:09 PM | #111
I play a lot of PvP at the moment due to the fact it's the only way I can group up with people and play the game as a multiplayer it's supposed to be intended. It's annoying having to use the chat to group up with people and I'm sure most people are bored of seeing "lfg esseles" or lfg "black talon" every 5 minutes.

As soon as they add a group finder that'll soon change, although if it's a half arsed job that doesn't allow freedom I'll be unsubbing.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

NDiggy
05.07.2012 , 05:12 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by vermura View Post
He won't be alone. Right now, one of the things most enjoyable about PvP is the fact I *know* people from both sides. That will dissapear with cross-server pvp, just like it did in WoW. It will make the game boring, just like it did in WoW, and I will unsubscribe, just like I did in WoW.
Its easy to know everyone when the PvP community on most servers is less than 10 people per faction. BW doesn't have to implement 8 man pre-mades because we already have them on my server. If 8 people queue, those 8 people will be in the same WZ all night. The fact of the matter is, even if the servers were merged to be a healthy size, the population still wouldn't be large enough to support ranked queues, solo queues and 4 man non ranked queues. With a wider population to draw from BW can institute better match making based on gear and experience, no just how many people you queue with. This will make PvP infinitely more enjoyable immediately for most people without having to balance anything on BWs end.
A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats. -
Benjamin Franklin

stinkybird
05.07.2012 , 05:13 PM | #113
people on here that don't want xserver must have never played a real MMO before. instead they played games like KoToR, guildwars, and so on. games that are not designed to be true MMOs.

xserver will improve the game just like it did for WoW. no one ever remembers that WoW's PvP sucked at launch and did so until xervers were added.

again i bring up RATED WZ!!! RATED WZ would be pointless without a xserver system in place. Bioware knew this why else do you think they did not release it in 1.2. no one wants to be only rated on one server. it means nothing but you are better than the same 20 people you see in warzone matches. pointless!!!!

what would be the point of 8man ques without a xserver que system? none, it would be stupid to even have it. you would face the same 2 or 3 groups depending how big the pop is on the server. that gets old and boring really quick. then the rated would be even more pointless. "hey we are rated number 1 out of 5 groups on my server." "grats you're an idoit!!!!"

people that agru anything against xserver should look into playing a new game that acually suits them. this game is not for you, its that simple. yet you come on here trying to state that a system that has helped WoW become the most successfull MMO in history would ruin the game. you people are wrong and need to quit playing if you don't like it.

for the ones talking about "community" this is not the type of game for it. 9 out of 10 players could careless to ever know your name or who you are. they just want to play the game. you do not matter to anyone, but for some reason you feel that you should matter. YOU DON"T no one wants to listen to your problems. NO ONE CARES about you. this is a MMO game NOT a get to know me please lets be friends game. there is no community, so go find a smaller game that suits your needs.

Raansu
05.07.2012 , 05:24 PM | #114
same server/cross server/ merge servers, I really don't give a damn which they do, just friggan separate the premades from the solo queue players.

vimm
05.07.2012 , 05:26 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by wolverstreets View Post
Dudes right. Xserver is a bandaid to a bigger problem: Not enough players,
There are plenty of players, but too many servers.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

williambr
05.07.2012 , 05:33 PM | #116
Funny, I actually cancelled my sub because cross server, and rated warzones haven't been introduced. I waited for an hour for a warzone(and unlike alot of other mmo's theres nothing to do when your waiting on a que in this game), so I went straight to my account and cancelled. Waiting in a game with nothing to do? Thats *******g stupid.

I'm not trashing the game, in fact I'm hoping in a year or so the games fun enough to come back too.

But seriously, when bioware talked about xserver ques, they mentioned the Xserver matching people from your server first so what would the problem really be?
Don't take me too seriously, I don't

Erasimus
05.07.2012 , 05:57 PM | #117
A lot depends on how they implement cross-server WZs. I've played WoW since release, and still do. I love the xserver lfr/lfd and pvp. Most of the people I've played with, whatever their issues with WoW liked the cross sever tools. And I've never heard anyone until now that complained about the cross server BGs. If they want to tighten it up they could create Battlegroups of servers, like they originally did for BGs in WoW. I believe they merged them a while back. I know when I log onto my WoW account BGs usually pop in less than 3 mins and during prime time are almost instant.

I've gotten to know quite a few people, the regulars, by name. I like seeing new characters and competing against a variety of people. That is what MMOs are all about to me. Limiting WZs to a single server is more like a cooperative game, like when I'd set up my own server to play Doom or Duke Nukem all those many years ago. Or perhaps setting up private games with a few friends on a Diablo II server. They were all fun, especially when I "accidentally" killed my partner on a cooperative Doom game or looted a friend that died in Diablo II

But that is not why I play an MMO. In an MMO I want to be surrounded by people and I want to encounter as many new people as possible. Especially when PvPing. This spontaneity and diversity are some of the reasons I play MMOs.
"Give light and the darkness will disappear of itself."

nellosmomishot
05.07.2012 , 06:02 PM | #118
OP is too lazy to figure out who the healers are on a new team. He wants to faceroll the same sages he's been beating on for the last several months.

In all seriousness how can X-Server Queue's be bad? On my server I can tell you exactly who's gonna be running over the acid to pick up the huttball, whose going to be waiting to pull on the rafters (and where their favorite perches are). While it does have an incredible sense of competition when your facing the same people every night, I would love to play one game where I can cast a deliverance BEFORE I have 2 sentinels chasing me for the rest of the match.

I'd also really like to play against Imps, they gave up on my server.

denpic
05.07.2012 , 06:07 PM | #119
Cross servers the way to go ill proudly rep
My server yeah go server pride