Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Appeal to Roleplayers

Canmore
05.06.2012 , 07:55 AM | #1
Please be more vocal about what you want in this game and be forcefull with your demands , im not a role player but many of us appreciate the way you create immersive worlds to play in , i get tired of hearing all about what pvp ers want or what raiders want , some of us want to hear how roleplayers would create an immersive world for us to play in . you dont have to be an active roleplayer to appreciate the world immersion your contribution can make to swtor .
so please do us all a favour and make your demands before swtor becomes nothing more than a flash point tread mill , i want to play pazaak , i want a reason to hang out in cantinas with interesting things to do . i think you get my my point =) some of us do geniunely appreciate the stories and world immersion roleplayers try to create ,

Listerman
05.06.2012 , 09:07 AM | #2
As much as I agree, I almost feel a little dead inside if we RPers have to resort to that kind of obnoxious Soap-Boxing...
"Never touch a Kel Dor's sammich."
"We're on a message board together. I'm already inclined to think you're a schmuck."

Guildrum
05.06.2012 , 01:42 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Listerman View Post
As much as I agree, I almost feel a little dead inside if we RPers have to resort to that kind of obnoxious Soap-Boxing...
Pretty much. It's why I tend to not get too involved in the PVE/PVP communities all that much, the sheer amount of, "Do this Bioware!" "To that Bioware!" "We must rise up against the evil Bioware monarchic-communist-dictator-fascists and make them give in to our demands!"

Okay... Maybe it's not that big a deal, but I think I got my point across.
The Shaffer Legacy: Begeren Colony

Shaffer Lazy-eye Horace Sleth
Journalist, Pirate Bodyguard Sith

DarthSoverus
05.07.2012 , 09:35 AM | #4
In all honesty, the only thing I would honestly want more for RP is more emotes. However, not just single action emotes, but- this is coming from a man who has RP'd in JA for 7 years. When JA+ came out, we had the opportunity for a wide range of new emotes that were mainly stoic animations. You could;

taunt
meditate
bow
gloat
flourish
kneel
sit in multiple positions
lay down/sleep
play dead
flip
float up like you had power (valley of the jedi style)
surrender
victory pose (1-3)
do a thinking emote
Stand at Ease (military stance)
Salute (Military)

and more...

You could do so much and it made the process of RPing that much more enjoyable. That's pretty much the only things I would like to see more of. Emotes.

sobrolho
05.07.2012 , 10:13 AM | #5
chat balloons.
I'd love that. I'd cyber with chat balloons all night long.

Guildrum
05.07.2012 , 02:30 PM | #6
Your point is valid about the emotes, but a lot of your list is in game.
Quote:
taunt
I believe you can do this.
Quote:
meditate
Sadly Mirilian-only...
Quote:
bow
My Smuggler must be breaking his back with as much as I've had him doing this...
Quote:
kneel
I use this all the time.
Quote:
sit in multiple positions
Kid of wish we did have multiple sitting positions. The lounging position we have now is a bit silly.
Quote:
lay down/sleep
Silly oversight on Bioware's point. But yeah.
Quote:
flip
Wait, flip as in flip off, or flip as in flipping in the air?
Quote:
float up like you had power (valley of the jedi style)
This would be cool.
Quote:
surrender
Well, Smugglers can do this.
Quote:
victory pose (1-3)
I just use /flex for this.
Quote:
do a thinking emote
/ponder does this, you scratch your beard/chin when you do it too. (epic. )
Quote:
Stand at Ease (military stance)
How would this be represented in the game?
Quote:
Salute (Military)
We do have this, they are different between Republic and Empire.
The Shaffer Legacy: Begeren Colony

Shaffer Lazy-eye Horace Sleth
Journalist, Pirate Bodyguard Sith