Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardmode Denova Last Boss - Bug?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NewFADS
05.06.2012 , 01:11 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by pureeffinmetal View Post
Ah. This would be an issue for us. We only have 2.
Sniper bubble damage reductions do NOT stack, so one sniper is fine. The sniper can even pre-bubble a couple of seconds around the 60-61% mark and the bubble will be there for all ticks of Gift of the Masters. The sniper will have to be in cover while doing this, and does NOT want to use Entrench. If you have a second sniper, have him drop cover and blow Ballistic Shield right after he is pulled in.

Everyone gets pulled in and then the rest is up to your healers. it can be done.

Someone asked for some helpful tips, here you go:

1) Sorcerors precasting Static Barriers on assigned groups
2) Absorb Adrenals on Light Armor wearers (Gift of the Masters is kinetic, I believe)
3) All personal CDs, even certain respecs to help individuals make it through the mess
4) For BioChem users, hit your Rakata Med Pack - adds 15% health for 15 seconds, which is huge
5) Save the battle rez in case someone does drop
6) Powertech Oil Slick
7) Marauder Predation (used for the tanks to get out and in position for the kite phase)

Probably some more little details that I can't remember, but yes we killed it on 16M HM with the bug.
<10-29-11 10:27> [Phøenix] your still the worst player in the game. cant wait for you to quit to go to starwars

S__T
05.06.2012 , 02:47 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by NewFADS View Post
Sniper bubble damage reductions do NOT stack, so one sniper is fine. The sniper can even pre-bubble a couple of seconds around the 60-61% mark and the bubble will be there for all ticks of Gift of the Masters. The sniper will have to be in cover while doing this, and does NOT want to use Entrench. If you have a second sniper, have him drop cover and blow Ballistic Shield right after he is pulled in.

Everyone gets pulled in and then the rest is up to your healers. it can be done.

Someone asked for some helpful tips, here you go:

1) Sorcerors precasting Static Barriers on assigned groups
2) Absorb Adrenals on Light Armor wearers (Gift of the Masters is kinetic, I believe)
3) All personal CDs, even certain respecs to help individuals make it through the mess
4) For BioChem users, hit your Rakata Med Pack - adds 15% health for 15 seconds, which is huge
5) Save the battle rez in case someone does drop
6) Powertech Oil Slick
7) Marauder Predation (used for the tanks to get out and in position for the kite phase)

Probably some more little details that I can't remember, but yes we killed it on 16M HM with the bug.
I've checked the logs, and yes it is kinetic damage.

For sorcs with only ~18.85% damage reduction in light armor (assuming mostly rakata, little over 2000 armor) it ticks for 4999-5003. So assume 5000, every second, for five seconds. So I would think number #2 would be helpful.

bwortbutch
05.06.2012 , 03:36 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by NewFADS View Post
Sniper bubble damage reductions do NOT stack, so one sniper is fine.
Read through this thread again please.
Butch Coolidge
(xxxxxxxxxxx[
[>||Legacy of Matukal||<]]xxxxxxxxxxx)
Mercenary Bodyguard

World 3rd, EU 2nd, German 1st EC 16 HM

Maltuvion
05.06.2012 , 07:11 PM | #144
Here's a kill with the bug by the guild VII on The Red Eclipse EU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E8Hi...ature=youtu.be

Setup:

Tanks: Juggernaut, Powertech
Healers: 2x Sorceror
Dps: 2x Sniper, 1x Mercenary, 1x Marauder.

pure_laced
05.06.2012 , 07:15 PM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Maltuvion View Post
Here's a kill with the bug by the guild VII on The Red Eclipse EU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E8Hi...ature=youtu.be

Setup:

Tanks: Juggernaut, Powertech
Healers: 2x Sorceror
Dps: 2x Sniper, 1x Mercenary, 1x Marauder.
I believe it isn't bugged anymore on 8 man, but they introduced it on 16 man now.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

xenofire
05.06.2012 , 07:36 PM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by pure_laced View Post
I believe it isn't bugged anymore on 8 man, but they introduced it on 16 man now.
^^^^^
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

Maltuvion
05.06.2012 , 08:54 PM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by pure_laced View Post
We tried outdistancing and LoS'ing it, it is definitely still bugged on 8 man. Can link some video proof when I got time to sort through our 4 hours worth of frapsed tries if you want.

pureeffinmetal
05.06.2012 , 11:19 PM | #148
My guild killed him tonight on 16m HM. Was tough but the bug by no means makes him un-killable.
Fallschirmjager
Lightning Sorcerer
<Rapture>
The Shadowlands (Formerly Shadow Hand)

Maltuvion
05.07.2012 , 11:23 AM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by pureeffinmetal View Post
My guild killed him tonight on 16m HM. Was tough but the bug by no means makes him un-killable.
The bug is extremely forgiving on 16 man though (imo); more likely to have sniper shield(s), more chance of having hybrids able to help out on the healing etc.... more OOC resses.

Xodin
05.07.2012 , 01:59 PM | #150
I havent read the entire thread, im just confirming that Kephess is still bugged in 8man hard mode.

Video from our attempt on May the 6th; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS0T4Te-DBg

Its not undoable, we did manged to kill the boss with the bug: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E8Hi...hannel&list=UL