Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When the transfers come, what should I do?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
When the transfers come, what should I do?

Maurdiib
05.06.2012 , 10:16 PM | #1
I've come to terms with the bugs and other various issues that had me down right hating this game for the past two weeks. Now, I'm finding myself really into this game again. Mostly for the RP and the fact that I'm using my imagination again instead of just griping all the time. The problem is, like many are facing, I'm literally stuck at my point in the end-game at level 50. I can grind dailes and WZs, but I really want to do HMs, Ops, and other FPs etc etc. However, the population on my server Ven Zallow was at 40 all day (server wide). This makes it pretty much impossible for me to get a group together for a FP or HM or OP.

When the server transfers come, should I move off of Ven Zallow? I really like being on an RP-PvP server. Where does everyone else plan on moving to?

Cynomen
05.06.2012 , 11:51 PM | #2
In my opinion, and this depends on how BW is going to allow moves, I would consider looking into servers in the top ten or twenty population wise. You can narrow that down more by the type of server and it's location. Once you have some names, I would make "throw away" characters and run around the server to get a feel for things.

Leveling up to lvl 10, or getting to fleet is not long and fleet will open up a lot more for gauging activity. Asking different people questions to get different opinions and then make your choice once you find which server fits best.

I like to use this site, http://www.torstatus.net/ , but I know it is not the end all be all of exact server populations.

Our guild is already testing servers. We feel that being prepared is important and having some basic knowledge of a server is a big advantage.

I am not sure how BW will run transfers but it never hurts to be ready for anything.
To the world you might be just one person, but to one person you might be the world. \m/
Names: Cyyn, Ouija Guild: Obscurum Cado Server: Tarro Blood
Names: Cyyn, Ouijja Guild: AST Server: Port Nowhere

Maraxuss
05.07.2012 , 08:51 AM | #3
i would be seriously thinking about which toons i would transfer, unless you are actually going to be paying the $15.00 times each of the 8 characters that you might have on that server.
I Find Your Lack Of Win Disturbing...May The Fail Be With You...

Kuumaliimamies
05.07.2012 , 10:25 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Maraxuss View Post
i would be seriously thinking about which toons i would transfer, unless you are actually going to be paying the $15.00 times each of the 8 characters that you might have on that server.
What $15.00?

Sammm
05.07.2012 , 11:52 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kuumaliimamies View Post
What $15.00?
I think he's trying to predict the character transfer fee to a server of your choice.