Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why the novels and books arent a valid sorce of information

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Why the novels and books arent a valid sorce of information

grandmthethird
05.07.2012 , 07:32 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Lewisgil View Post
I fail to see where or how you could have possibly come to that conclusion. Nothing of what he said states that opinion dictates anything other than one's beliefs. I mean, you could say that is your opinion, nothing is stopping you. Nothing he said would imply that you would be correct for anyone other than yourself.
how philosophical, and what utter bull crap. it is my belief that i do not need to pay taxes. lets see how long i get away with that. it might be my belief but it is wrong. its the OP's belief that EU has no meaning in the starwars universe. well it might e the OPs opinion but its still wrong
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"

Wolfninjajedi
05.07.2012 , 07:49 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by westraz View Post
"george" did not wright all the moves nore did he detract all of them, nore is he or should he be the end of Star Wars even if he is.... so my hole point is who care if george has anything to do with the books?
He did write all of them. By that he wrote the stories of them, which the screenplays are based on the stories he wrote.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Lewisgil
05.07.2012 , 08:25 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by grandmthethird View Post
how philosophical, and what utter bull crap. it is my belief that i do not need to pay taxes. lets see how long i get away with that. it might be my belief but it is wrong. its the OP's belief that EU has no meaning in the starwars universe. well it might e the OPs opinion but its still wrong
As I said, nothing is stopping you from stating anything is your belief, just because you believe it does not make it true for anyone other than yourself. You are fighting against the fact that someone can hold said belief and getting hung up on that point.

Nobody has stated that the person that chooses to believe the EU is not part of canon is correct for everybody, just that he is free to believe whatever he wishes to believe. For himself, the EU is not canon, for those that choose to believe it is, it is. With how hard you seem to be fighting against this, you are bordering on being thought police.
NAME: Altonraen
PAXIMPERIUS
Website | Recruitment Thread | Guild Profile

Lewisgil
05.07.2012 , 08:28 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
He did write all of them. By that he wrote the stories of them, which the screenplays are based on the stories he wrote.
That's not entirely true. He wrote the screenplays, but for the original three, he did not write the entire stories by himself.
PAXIMPERIUS

Wolfninjajedi
05.07.2012 , 08:52 AM | #115
That's not entirely true. He wrote the screenplays, but for the original three, he did not write the entire stories by himself.
He did write the stories by himself, theres no one else under story written by other then GL. The only screenplay he didn't have a hand in writing was ESB but it still was based on the story he wrote. For the PT, he wrote all 3 of them, same with ANH he wrote that one too. He had another with him write the screenplay for ROTJ though.

Lewisgil
05.07.2012 , 08:55 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
He did write the stories by himself, theres no one else under story written by other then GL. The only screenplay he didn't have a hand in writing was ESB but it still was based on the story he wrote. For the PT, he wrote all 3 of them, same with ANH he wrote that one too.
The only one of the the original three that he wrote entirely was A New Hope. The other two were collaborations.
PAXIMPERIUS

Wolfninjajedi
05.07.2012 , 08:57 AM | #117
The only one of the the original three that he wrote entirely was A New Hope. The other two were collaborations.
Ya I know, he wrote ANH screenplay, didn't write ESB screenplay, and had help writing the screenplay for ROTJ. He did however write all 3 stories.

westraz
05.07.2012 , 02:26 PM | #118
my hole point to my post is this tought is a bit off too say the lest, it comes down to who care if gorge did or did not have anything to do with the books? I don't get that point at all, as Star Wars is OR'S not gorge's not the book wright not the screen wright cant seem to spell wrighters ... lol
I have bad spelling do to my being learning disabled , the is just so I do not get asked "why are you spelling so bad?" and I don't wont to have to get asked 100 times, and is in NO way meant to hurt any one feelings after all.. IT is about me!

GrandMoffMike
05.07.2012 , 04:43 PM | #119
GL does has the final say on what goes on in the books but he has given the writers some degree of freedom as long as they follow certain guidelines and rules like the "luke, han, leia, boba, wedge cannot be killed off unless I approve it...etc" and somewhere after thrawn triology was written , he decided that the books and comics has to be all interconnected from that point on.

There was a Q&A session with the writers after njo story arc about the decision regarding chewie and ankain solo death. They said that when they were given permission to write the story arc they were given a list of characters by GL that cannot be killed off w/o his permission and any characters that gonna be killed has to be signed off by him as well.

ProfessorWalsh
05.07.2012 , 07:59 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Starcheif View Post
now i can hear people wonder but what about swtor and kotor 1 and 2... let me adress this to get it out of the way.. these things ARE Aapproved... its bioware and... drum roll..... lucas arts these storys are true and approved by lucas... so remember the books are books... games by lucas arts is valid.
KotOR 1 and 2 are just as approved as every other piece of C Canon, including all of the novels. Also there is, to my knowledge, no series where Luke and Leia had children.

As to your assumption that George Lucas approved KotOR... George Lucas has never played KotOR and knows nothing about it actually. When questioned about the EU, including KotOR Lucas was very clear: "I don't read or play that stuff."

Books are just as valid as games, in fact they are on the same canon level. Please don't disseminate incorrect information like this. It confuses less well informed members of the community.
"There is no room for compromise. We walk the path of the light side, or we fall into darkness. There is no gray area, Ben."
~ Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker (P. 187 FotJ, Book II: Omen)
Host of the Jedi Council stream also author of From the Journal of Val Starwind