Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force Lift broken?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force Lift broken?

Arsq
05.07.2012 , 04:11 AM | #1
I may be missing some functionality here, but here goes... Is it just me, or is the stun not breaking when you receive damage? I've been in a few situations where I've been force lifted, and just hanging there, while the opposing team continues to deal damage to me without breaking the stun (for a good 3-4 seconds). Now, Sage's balance tree allows an additional 2sec stun after the force lift breaks from damage, but I don't think this is the case here, as I continue just hanging in the air.

Has anyone else experienced this?

SenatorPalpaTANG
05.07.2012 , 04:20 AM | #2
Yep, it happens when I cast whirlwind (Inquis version) at least half the time. Something is definitely broken.
Fantastically Furious, lololol

((=((==((:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: >

EsteRJ
05.07.2012 , 04:23 AM | #3
Yes, several times.

I didn't get a chance yet to double check it. Maybe it's just displaying the whirl animation while you are additionally stunned or something.

Rohns
05.07.2012 , 04:29 AM | #4
For what i know is the same as operative's stun granade if they force lift you or use another of these stuns (6 sec break if the target take dmg ) if they use another stun on you like electrolute you can't break free from the 6 sec stun if you take dmg, it happened to me sometimes and when that happened they have always used 2 stuns
FUS RO DAH!!!!

CephusPred
05.07.2012 , 04:34 AM | #5
This is absolutely a bug. I've had it happen to me several times just yesterday. So I started casting force lift and can beat on people repeatedly without the stun breaking. I will start reporting it now. This could be in part what is causing all the qqing about stun locking.

cerberias
05.07.2012 , 04:41 AM | #6
There is an assassin skill which makes whirlwind/lift not break on damage but it gives them like a 75% damage shield or something similar - could be that in at least some instances.

TheEvilEeyore
05.07.2012 , 05:03 AM | #7
I have played balance up to valor 70 and i have never had it 'not break' on damage. HOWEVER there is a skill in the balance tree that allows for when the lift is broken the target is stunned for 2 seconds or something like that. this could be what you are getting. you could be getting graphical delay much like force choke does for me at times.
Prim - 50 Jedi Sage - Krayiss Obelisk