Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is your most "social" experience in SWTOR thus far?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
What is your most "social" experience in SWTOR thus far?

Sotof
05.03.2012 , 12:32 PM | #11
It was at the start... My guild went to kill one of the world bosses on Coruscant then went for an RP party at the cantina nearby. Was fun!
My name is not Bob.

oredith
05.03.2012 , 12:33 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MarcusShadow View Post
Take a trip to Nar Shaddaa. Both Imps and Republics congregate in the Promenade. At first I didn't think they co-existed in the same instance of the Promenade... until I saw a Juggernaut run past me while I was playing my Consular. But yeah, I think the segregation is planet dependent. On Tat it makes sense because it wouldn't make sense for, say, a Jedi to be running around an Imp Controlled City and vice versa. However, on a planet like Nar Shadda, where its 'government' is so corrupt that it operates much like it inhabitants (favors whoever makes the best offer... and not to mention its pretty much run by criminal gangs anyway), it makes more sense that both Imp and Republics would use the same Spaceport.
I understand that the IDEA behind Nar Shaddaa, but the reality of it is different. it takes a long run to get to the promenade (and you can't use your speeder), and once there, it's dead.

again, i'm on Harbinger, highest pop PVE west server, and it's DEAD during primetime.

maybe if they put all the flashpoint zone-ins at NS.
(╯□)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

Bluetickone
05.03.2012 , 12:35 PM | #13
Outside of Illum, ive never seen an Imp on a planet...

But I do remember a time, long ago, when 50+ guildies would login; multiple huttball matches, some ops, always groups for daily farming. Now its like 8-12 max during prime time, with 8 in an op, one and done, usually under 40 mins.

Rhizoprionodon
05.03.2012 , 02:51 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by oredith View Post
I understand that the IDEA behind Nar Shaddaa, but the reality of it is different. it takes a long run to get to the promenade (and you can't use your speeder), and once there, it's dead.

again, i'm on Harbinger, highest pop PVE west server, and it's DEAD during primetime.

Or if they had a training mission for the Hutt Cartel. It's amazing how many people don't realize that there's a mixed faction trade network in the promenade.

MarcusShadow
05.04.2012 , 05:00 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by oredith View Post

Uh... The Promenade is the first area you go to once you get off your ship. You know, the place with all the Trainers and Vendors?

oredith
05.04.2012 , 06:53 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by MarcusShadow View Post
Uh... The Promenade is the first area you go to once you get off your ship. You know, the place with all the Trainers and Vendors?
yes, but you have to first run out of the starport, then take a shuttle, and then run around the building to the entrance, all without the speeder.
(╯□)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

RenegadeCommando
05.04.2012 , 07:01 AM | #17
Hydian Way hasnt been much for social work unfortunetly but the Rakghoul event brought everyone together.

Not much time for chatting it seems everyone wants to quest and not be social. By the God Emperor its real life! everyone rushing around and not being social!

What a interesting revelation..
"A good soldier obeys without question"
"A good officer commands without doubt" Qouted from Imperial Guard Codex
Shadow Corps<Hydian Way> Casual Trooper guild Enlist today

jtobscure
05.06.2012 , 07:14 PM | #18
I had a fun Jawa balloon ride on Tatooine as a Sith with a Jedi and a naive little Republic trooper.

That was about it.

This is an incredibly dead MMO, with both the game and players to blame. I find it be structurally more of a single-player game, with little to facilitate or encourage cross-faction interaction (or even within factions). Congregating places are hard to get to and unadvertised. Maybe something about the material or the broad appeal of a famous brand name draws people with no interest in interaction. Maybe the enormous lore already in place in the Star Wars universe discourages creativity.

All I know is, I had good irl friends on the opposite faction and I couldn't do much with them even when I tried.

BradTheImpaler
05.06.2012 , 08:03 PM | #19
I've played through a couple of group quests (one on Dromund Kaas back when this game first came out, and later on at Nar Shaddaa), but that's about it other than PvP.

After seeing what some of the people on the fleet act like though, I tend to keep my distance from that part of the social aspect. I still enjoy PvP though, and if there were more people around I'd love to do group questso occasionally.
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

NiborBinks
09.02.2012 , 09:55 PM | #20
Does feel a little like East and West Germany. You may not speak to the other faction...I think this game's social aspects are what's killing it sadly. I want to interact rolepaly with others, that usally works better with the opposite faction as your enemies plain and simple there's more to talk about There needs to be social zones or areas where players congrigate besides pvp. It's all one big themepark grind (yes it's a themepark mmo like Wow) but it can offer more.

Makes cantinas a hub offer xp for social events like friday night's in specific neutral cantinas etc...something fun
Yes of-course the Gunguns house trained!