Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

We need craftable orange medium armor gloves and boots.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
We need craftable orange medium armor gloves and boots.

WaliceDrel
05.06.2012 , 01:33 PM | #1
We need craftable medium armor gloves and boots. This is ridiculous! I can make tons of everything except medium boots and gloves. I can make battle master and warhero and that's it. Can a dev or anyone give me a idea when we will get some new boots and gloves?

venomlash
05.06.2012 , 02:43 PM | #2
Word, PvEers and crafters in general have been left out in the cold.
The Devs have said that the promised explosion of orange armor schematics will be in 1.3, and there will be orange schematics even for wrists and waists. Frankly, I would love it if every craftable armor set (currently consisting only of head, chest, and legs) got a full 7 pieces.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

PolecatEZ
05.06.2012 , 03:07 PM | #3
I would love it if every craftable piece of armor became moddable, with the ceveat that the mods couldn't be removed, only replaced.

Sithhelmet
05.06.2012 , 03:47 PM | #4
Every item, if we are to read what they've leaked out slowly, will be augmentable. However, there's a catch. The augment slots are going to be made on "augment tables" (the replacement for modding stations) and not by crafters. In other words, it's another money sink that will take more of the markets out of crafters' hands.

Seront
05.06.2012 , 05:10 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sithhelmet View Post
Every item, if we are to read what they've leaked out slowly, will be augmentable. However, there's a catch. The augment slots are going to be made on "augment tables" (the replacement for modding stations) and not by crafters. In other words, it's another money sink that will take more of the markets out of crafters' hands.
How much have they said about this? I kind of doubt that it'll kill crafting altogether. I suspect you'll have item-type specific augment shtuff. They'll probably divy out these items similarly to how they divied out augments. I imagine something like one item that uses rare mats that can 'augmentify' either a bracer or wrist that requires expensive mats and only a certain craft can make that item. Maybe instead of slot it'll be light armor or medium armor.

I expect them to make it more expensive that it is currently. I.e., pay more up front but then you don't have to bother with RNG. Getting augment slots is SUPPOSED to be f'ing expensive and hard. They said themselves that it puts you above the stat curve that they've balanced to. If the assumption is that everyone is running around in fully augmented gear, then they need to rebalance everything or we shouldn't have augments to begin with. It's already trivial for quite a few slots.