Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ding ding! Ashara & me Round 3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Ding ding! Ashara & me Round 3

Maaruin
05.04.2012 , 03:28 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
Err no. I dont remember anything remotely resembling "undermining her defenses". The only options are either romance her and go with her ideas of 'changing the empire from the inside' or telling her shes an idiot so she hates you and you has to be buried in gifts.

Yes, she accepts darkside choices but that is not related to anything you say to her in the companion quests.
But it's exactly the "change the Empire from the inside" approach that undermines her.

You: "The Empire needs strong, rational leadership." (=you)
Ashara: "I won't go against the Jedi teachings, but I'll do what I can."

....many, many conversations...

Ashara: "The Jedi refuse to do what's necessary, to fight, it makes them weak. [...] Peace is a noble goal, but it's not a means to an end."
You: "So you are saying: 'Peace is a lie'?" +40 affection
Ashara: "When it comes to making real change? Yes, I guess I am."

This approach seems very similar to what Palpatine did to become Emperor. He always said he wanted to change the republic for the better. (Not every time you lie ingame it is marked with [lie].)

Here you can see most of the Ashara conversations from someone who slowly led her towards the dark side.

As I said, it isn't completed at the end of the game, so hopefully you can continue that route later.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

undeadsithdread
05.04.2012 , 04:31 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Solrac View Post
SORC is based off Sidious. Not assassin, obviously.
no story itself was more about sith sorc then assassin

assassins don't travel cross the galaxey collecting artfects.
Sith assassin Forever!

Cylux
05.04.2012 , 04:55 PM | #23
I thought the whole headstrong "I'm doing things my way and finding my own path" to be one of the best things about talking to her, since that's pretty much what lead her to becoming your apprentice in the first place. Being a lightside inquistor deffo added an extra dimension to the philosophy talks, when she told me that by embracing her passions she was finally at peace I had to smile. Reminded me a bit of Kreia from KOTOR2, who found both the Jedi way and sith way to be insufficient and lacking.

Hyfy
05.04.2012 , 04:58 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Clonedzero View Post
does the darkside inquisitor have more to him than being another generic powerhungry sociopath? am i missing something? please tell me.
another generic powerhungry sociopath with a flare for the dramatic and hilarity
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a body's natural defense against stupid

Darth_Solrac
05.04.2012 , 05:27 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by undeadsithdread View Post
no story itself was more about sith sorc then assassin

assassins don't travel cross the galaxey collecting artfects.
LOL facepalm time.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

lokdron
05.05.2012 , 11:49 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
another generic powerhungry sociopath with a flare for the dramatic and hilarity
Heh DS SI has a great sense of humor but watching all those videos it seems like ashara is like anakin from episode 2 I am just crossing my fingers that in the expansion we can finally make her fall as I said it looks like ashara is at the tip of the iceberg.

Velaran
05.06.2012 , 12:15 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
But it's exactly the "change the Empire from the inside" approach that undermines her.

You: "The Empire needs strong, rational leadership." (=you)
Ashara: "I won't go against the Jedi teachings, but I'll do what I can."

....many, many conversations...

Ashara: "The Jedi refuse to do what's necessary, to fight, it makes them weak. [...] Peace is a noble goal, but it's not a means to an end."
You: "So you are saying: 'Peace is a lie'?" +40 affection
Ashara: "When it comes to making real change? Yes, I guess I am."

This approach seems very similar to what Palpatine did to become Emperor. He always said he wanted to change the republic for the better. (Not every time you lie ingame it is marked with [lie].)

Here you can see most of the Ashara conversations from someone who slowly led her towards the dark side.

As I said, it isn't completed at the end of the game, so hopefully you can continue that route later.
Hmm. I wish I could have had some conversations like that with LS Jaesa. Her storyline was awesome and all, but I don't think it ever really clicked with her that she was no longer a Jedi.

Captain_Zone
05.06.2012 , 02:09 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by donuttyjedi View Post
I wish you could put zash in her body
I am a Sith Assassin, and I approve this message. ^^^^^

I would love to romance Zash, or even be able to flirt with her.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Maaruin
05.06.2012 , 03:58 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Velaran View Post
Hmm. I wish I could have had some conversations like that with LS Jaesa. Her storyline was awesome and all, but I don't think it ever really clicked with her that she was no longer a Jedi.
I have to admit, in my eyes LS Jaesa is still a Jedi. She is just undercover in the Empire to help you changing things and making the Empire a better place.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall