Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Doesnt have PVP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
SWTOR Doesnt have PVP

lpsmash
05.06.2012 , 02:27 PM | #21
Quote:
You like the "jump down on voidstar, charge to interrupt enemy cap, die. Ress and jump down, hit the enemy that go cap, die". repeat.
Well, that;s not how it happens for me. But then, I don't play a Marauder and charge in a group of 5 people.

Marauder's tears, so delicious.

Jalez
05.06.2012 , 02:33 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
I don't get why people care about world pvp so much. It consists of one of two things. Terrible high level players who gank lowbies and a cluster **** of 50's spamming aoe's and nothing else. Open world pvp is a joke in EVERY SINGLE MMO.
Oh so you never played Dark Age of Camelot? got it

Open World RvR with 1vs1, 8vs8 roaming neither of those types of fights utilize heavy aoe

Now sure the 200vs200 battles would use Pbaoe and Aoe...but when there.is ALOT at stake for the winner/loser, the intensity.factor makes up for it

kickinhead
05.06.2012 , 02:47 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by unicornfive View Post
*No world PVP, Ilum got removed.

*No PVP (ganking) while lvling some char, cause of "instanced" quests and areas.

*No arenas.

*In allready existing wz :
Long queues for wz.
2/3 times u end up in an allready started WZ which losing
Wz have very small fighting area, especialy voidstar.
There is no wz with more than 8v8 ppl.

If u know any other mmo that has less PVP than this game, plz mention it. Cause i couldnt find any.
If bioware changed the models of their previous game warhammer, into Star wars models, they would have more success...
Arena isn't the pinnacle of PvP; we've seen it with Guild Wars that you can have very high level PvP with 8-man Groups.

It's true though that the PvP in SWtOR really isn't real PvP:

- It's more about gear than skill
- I don't even get WZ's most of the times cuz our server is so empty
- We often don't get 8 ppl vs the imps who have 8 all the time and much more WZ's, so they gear up faster
- No Ladder
- No Cross-Server
- NO 8-man TEAMS - REALLY?!

PvP in SWtOR is kinda like if DotA only had PuG's, no Ladder etc. it's basically a joke right now.... Kinda sad, cuz I still play it because it would have so much potential if they fixed the points above: It could be fkn awesome!
Powerbottom - Blotus the Hutt- Sage VR 82+
Powertop - Blotus the Hutt- Shadow VR 65+

The_Bucket
05.06.2012 , 02:57 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Jalez View Post

Open World RvR with 1vs1, 8vs8 roaming neither of those types of fights utilize heavy aoe

Now sure the 200vs200 battles would use Pbaoe and Aoe...but when there.is ALOT at stake for the winner/loser, the intensity.factor makes up for it
What? DAoC had AoE out the ying yang, how else did 8man groups kill 50-100? That was one of the best parts about DAoC is it took skill, unless you were mid and had a AoE stun
Bucket
Blitz
1655 54-16 4 D/C's

Raansu
05.06.2012 , 03:20 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Jalez View Post

DAoC was nothing but an AoE fest.

unicornfive
05.07.2012 , 09:49 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ProfessorWalsh View Post
Simple:

On a PVP server Player vs Player combat theoretically can happen on any planet where members of opposing factions are. These include, but are not limited to:

Tatooine, Alderaan, Voss, Corellia, and Illum.

Theoretically "ganking" can happen there. Ganking, however, isn't PVP. It is just griefing. PVP implies that the player in question you are fighting has a chance to fight back. Ganking, on the other hand, is when a large, usually level 50s, group jumps a smaller group or a single opponent who is usually lower than level 50. Ganking is just sanctioned cyber-bullying.
I didnt mean 50lvls ganking lowbies....
If a 50lvl is bored and retarted, he can easy cross on the other side of lowbie area and start ganking....
But if the lvling area is common, 2 enemies when they get close to eahcother, 1 of them will fight or both will fight.

Lvling as it is now. It discourage players to pass on other side where they dont have quests, just to search and gank ppl.
But it does not discourage retarded 50lvl that once they get that idea on the thick skull of theirs... They just go and do it.