Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shadow's lacking Raid usefulness

dragonfor
05.06.2012 , 10:26 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Zottle View Post
Fair point, but it doesn't change anything. All else equal, why take a shadow aside from loot composition :<
For DPS, if you're second in DMG for your Guild. Bosses don't die with third rate DPS =/

Well, challenging ones don't anyways.

Foenixz
05.06.2012 , 10:37 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SvnStrSlm View Post
I would quit your guild. Those people are too stupid to play with and are the types of people that ruin games. I would like to see some more utility from our class on the debuff side. BUt the fact that you know you are number 2 and your guild is submitting parses is a bad situation all together. My guild is working on HM EC and we never use parses outside of our own sick pleasure. Guilds like yours make the game not fun.
This I would never get rid of my #2 dps for any of the reasons you stated. Find another guild. You will be better off with a group who appreciates you for what you bring to the table.
Member Synergy Online Gaming

since 2002 and we are still going strong

fixate
05.06.2012 , 11:11 AM | #13
Haha.. an exploit is a shadow raid utility? Seriously? What else is there if you take that away? Infiltration/Deception is probably one of the least viable parsing specs in the game and balance is sub par compared to Annihilation/Watchmen or Marksmanship/Sharpshooter.

Relent

HeXeLz
05.06.2012 , 11:17 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by fixate View Post
Haha.. an exploit is a shadow raid utility? Seriously? What else is there if you take that away? Infiltration/Deception is probably one of the least viable parsing specs in the game and balance is sub par compared to Annihilation/Watchmen or Marksmanship/Sharpshooter.
Still a hell of a lot better than Vigilance Guardians, bud.
HeXeL
<LD50>

ViperI
05.06.2012 , 11:25 AM | #15
maybe your guild just doesn't think you're that good at playing shadow. Maybe it's not the class they're replacing, but the player.
Viper 1
Frozen In Carbonite

SvnStrSlm
05.06.2012 , 11:33 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by fixate View Post
How is it an exploit. The whole purpose of the ability is to drop out of combat and escape. It should allow you to do anything you can do out of combat. And again you people with your parsers. If the boss goes down then what does it matter. If the boss fight is coming down to missing 300 DPS then either your not geared enough or the game needs adjustment. My guild uses 2 shadows, both inf spec, gunslinger, and commando dps in our raids and we have yet to run into a problem that wasn't solved by better player focus.

dragonfor
05.06.2012 , 11:41 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SvnStrSlm View Post
How is it an exploit. The whole purpose of the ability is to drop out of combat and escape. It should allow you to do anything you can do out of combat. And again you people with your parsers. If the boss goes down then what does it matter. If the boss fight is coming down to missing 300 DPS then either your not geared enough or the game needs adjustment. My guild uses 2 shadows, both inf spec, gunslinger, and commando dps in our raids and we have yet to run into a problem that wasn't solved by better player focus.
You're kinda contradicting yourself there. Without the parser, how will you know you're missing 300 DPS?
Also, how would you know who's missing the 300 DPS?

kiolov
05.06.2012 , 11:46 AM | #18
its easy to know how much dps more is needed when you fail, you look at how much damage your group did to the boss, how much time that took, now you look at how much more damage you have to do, compair that to the damage/time ration youaready did, then you know how much more dps you need.

dragonfor
05.06.2012 , 11:59 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by kiolov View Post
its easy to know how much dps more is needed when you fail, you look at how much damage your group did to the boss, how much time that took, now you look at how much more damage you have to do, compair that to the damage/time ration youaready did, then you know how much more dps you need.
All of which a parser will do for you. Sorry, but if I have the option to use a tool to make things better for myself and my group, then I intend to use it. Doing it manually is just taking steps backwards and taking longer to do it.

GeckoOBac
05.06.2012 , 01:25 PM | #20
All of this is quite irrelevant since the guy stated that he's parsing second, so in the standard group composition it means that there are 2 dps that are doing "worse". Problem is... Worse is meaningless... Of 4 people, there will always be a first, a second, a third and a fourth. Unless you are having kill time problems, then judging performance from this meters is pointless, and in that case removing the second best dps is dumb unless he's causing wipes by himself (IE pulling aggro, not interrupting casts, etc)