Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Advanced Reflex Augment 9 bugged

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Advanced Reflex Augment 9 bugged

Dalwhinnie's Avatar


Dalwhinnie
05.05.2012 , 07:29 PM | #1
I RE 25 Blue Reflex Augment 9 's in a row. I believe this schematic is bugged.
Ξ╬╬╬╬╬╬Φ╬╬████████████████████████████)

Distracted's Avatar


Distracted
05.05.2012 , 07:31 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Dalwhinnie View Post
I RE 25 Blue Reflex Augment 9's in a row. I believe this schematic is bugged.
A 20% chance to learn a new schematic means each individual mod you RE has a 20% chance. It doesn't mean that RE'ing 5 of them will definately give you the schematic. In other words, each time you RE one, you have an 80% chance to fail. Each. Time.

You could RE 10000 of them & still never get it, just depends on the RNG.
Quote: Originally Posted by Notannos
Greetings Everyone,

We understand that players are currently pleasing dissatisfaction with the reward program for Game Update 1.2.

PiOPah's Avatar


PiOPah
06.06.2015 , 10:01 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Distracted View Post
A 20% chance to learn a new schematic means each individual mod you RE has a 20% chance. It doesn't mean that RE'ing 5 of them will definately give you the schematic. In other words, each time you RE one, you have an 80% chance to fail. Each. Time.

You could RE 10000 of them & still never get it, just depends on the RNG.
I understand the statistics concept but I agree with the first post..I broke over 30 of the Reflex augments to get the first upgrade. The odds of NOT getting the schematic after 30 tries at 1:5 each go is phenominally low!! like...winning the lottery low...yes it is possible I was just really really unlucky (no guarantee that any will be "the winner") but I'm pretty sure the 20% quoted is rubbish...5% maybe 8% would fit the practical results

asbalana's Avatar


asbalana
06.06.2015 , 10:30 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by PiOPah View Post
I understand the statistics concept but I agree with the first post..I broke over 30 of the Reflex augments to get the first upgrade. The odds of NOT getting the schematic after 30 tries at 1:5 each go is phenominally low!! like...winning the lottery low...yes it is possible I was just really really unlucky (no guarantee that any will be "the winner") but I'm pretty sure the 20% quoted is rubbish...5% maybe 8% would fit the practical results
LOL, Incoming

Prepare to be slimed.

Acutually, a number of people in this section keep spreadsheets of their RE attempts and can show that RE is not bugged, but conforms to the delcared percentages in the loooooooooooooong run.

The debate devolved into whether the system which has the possibility of loooooooooooong loooooooooooooong fail runs that seem to occur all to often, actually sucks. Opinion is divided on that.

g_land's Avatar


g_land
06.06.2015 , 01:10 PM | #5
why re that augment anyways?

Exiles of the Jedi

eartharioch's Avatar


eartharioch
06.06.2015 , 02:28 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by PiOPah View Post
I understand the statistics concept but I agree with the first post..I broke over 30 of the Reflex augments to get the first upgrade. The odds of NOT getting the schematic after 30 tries at 1:5 each go is phenominally low!! like...winning the lottery low...yes it is possible I was just really really unlucky (no guarantee that any will be "the winner") but I'm pretty sure the 20% quoted is rubbish...5% maybe 8% would fit the practical results
You do realize that even with very low odds of winning, some people actually *do* win the lottery, don't you?
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!

psandak's Avatar


psandak
06.06.2015 , 02:47 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by PiOPah View Post
I understand the statistics concept but I agree with the first post..I broke over 30 of the Reflex augments to get the first upgrade. The odds of NOT getting the schematic after 30 tries at 1:5 each go is phenominally low!! like...winning the lottery low...yes it is possible I was just really really unlucky (no guarantee that any will be "the winner") but I'm pretty sure the 20% quoted is rubbish...5% maybe 8% would fit the practical results
Can we say extreme hyperbole? Or you do not know statistics as well as you claim. The odds of 30 straight failures (that means succeeding on the 31st attempt) is 0.124% or 1.24 in 1000. Winning the lottery: 1 in 157 million give or take. To hit that mark you would need to fail 85 times in a row.

And in anticipation of a thread or response like this (and as proof of Asbalana's claim ), I have been tracking my RE rates for the past few weeks.

405 total items crafted
282 of those REed for schematics
65 schematics achieved
RE success rate 23.05%

Only 1 out of 65 schematics achieved took more than 20 attempts.
Only 3 others took 10 attempts or more

Did the 1 that took 23 attempts suck? Sure did! But the myriad of quick successes VASTLY outweighed that one bad experience.

In a previous experiment of this kind (in March 2014), I went 41 attempts (across three different items) before succeeding. But in that same data set, I got two schematics out of my first three REs. I remember both events equally, because they both stand out. And the overall rate of success was dead on.

EVERY testing cycle I have ever done on this subject has shown that long fail streaks are inevitable but their occurrences are rare in the grand scheme. Now it is a matter of convincing everyone else of this. Obviously numbers do not work, but that's all I got.

DawnAskham's Avatar


DawnAskham
06.07.2015 , 10:49 AM | #8
Just for laughs I went and gave this schematic a try...

Reverse Engineer Green to Blue: Two attempts to learn the blue schematic
Reverse engineer Blue to Purple: Seven attempts to learn the purple schematic

FerkWork's Avatar


FerkWork
06.08.2015 , 04:01 AM | #9
Lol Holy Necro Batman