Understanding the Defense and Shield Mechanics for Tanks in PVP

taugrimtaugrim

I am confused as to why then, that the new War Hero gear for assassin tanks (Survivor set), has more shield chance than the battlemaster set? I understand expertise comes into play here, but should I just use mods from other sets that have more of a defense chance (if there is any)?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I am confused as to why then, that the new War Hero gear for assassin tanks (Survivor set), has more shield chance than the battlemaster set? I understand expertise comes into play here, but should I just use mods from other sets that have more of a defense chance (if there is any)?

It also has less endurance.

I'm more and more inclined to stop getting war hero gear and just remod my existing BM. Also run with a focus instead of a shield. Seems pretty stupid to make one class next to useless in pvp and only average in pve.

• 5 weeks later...

Lots of good info.

Maybe if we do a duel/parse where we find out spec/dmg etc... shouldnt be hard to figure it out.

This would be much more effective than relying on things the devs say or even on WZ success/fail; limit the situation to isolate the test - have a means to accurately display the results.

Then we can decide from there.

Good greeblings.

Edited by thegreebler
to add extra statement

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...