Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Republic Fleet - With several pictures.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Republic Fleet - With several pictures.

Moofausa's Avatar


Moofausa
05.05.2012 , 05:05 AM | #221
Out of all the things they need to fix in the game you're worried about how something looks?

You live under a rock?

Elhanan's Avatar


Elhanan
05.05.2012 , 05:07 AM | #222
For myself, the aesthetics depict the War Survivor status of the Republic fairly well; no need for change. IMO.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -
Edmund Burke

Grief Free Play 12-20-11

Muldaak's Avatar


Muldaak
05.05.2012 , 05:30 AM | #223
Quote: Originally Posted by PibbyPib View Post
Thank god someone's pointed this out. Give Empire a fountain.





ROFLMFAO!!

Seriously though... the light side is dark and the dark side is light.

Is the republic so poor we cant afford light bulbs?

Scerge's Avatar


Scerge
05.05.2012 , 05:45 AM | #224
The reason it looks worse is because it even says in the description, that imperials usually attack the space station.
Battlebug
Quote:
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
13-12-11 7 Day Early Access Squadron.

zuile's Avatar


zuile
05.05.2012 , 09:04 AM | #225
Just add some real trees and live not holographic cantina dancers to the republic fleet, actually both fleets should get real dancers, and give the Empire fountains!
Great and Powerful Trixie best pony.

DarthTHC's Avatar


DarthTHC
05.05.2012 , 09:27 AM | #226
Quote: Originally Posted by Halofax View Post
If you look at the two hallways, they are the exact same floor model, except ours is poo brown and theirs has trees and droids.

Explain to me why Bioware would conciously decide to make their fleet more detailed?

Because Bioware likes the Empire.
Alternate theory: Because BioWare did Empire first then Republic later and when EA execs said, "Ship it NAOW or DIEEEEEE!", Republic was unfinished.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Arnasdam's Avatar


Arnasdam
05.05.2012 , 09:54 AM | #227
Quote: Originally Posted by Scerge View Post
The reason it looks worse is because it even says in the description, that imperials usually attack the space station.
I've never figured out why the republic fleet wasn't closer to a republic planet. If you look out the windows in the fleet it looks like the fleet is orbiting a star. Who's bright idea was that?

The aesthetics are bad, but I think the layout is worse. The imperial fleet is open. The republic fleet layout feels clustered. To get to any of the vendors on the outlying ring or the trainers you have squeeze through a tiny archway. The imperial fleet has a much more open design.

MishraArtificer's Avatar


MishraArtificer
05.05.2012 , 09:58 AM | #228
Something to remember: The Empire always set aside Vaiken Spaceport for military use only. It's been carefully cleaned and maintained for maximum shininess factor.

Carrick Station was a civilian spaceport before the war. It was run by several different groups with several different ways of running things. It didn't become a government spacedock until the Republic went "eminent domain" on the stations owners.

Personally, I like Carrick Station more. It just looks more LIVED-IN.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

Dejoule's Avatar


Dejoule
05.05.2012 , 11:11 AM | #229
Quote: Originally Posted by StrikeOfLight View Post
No.

You are wrong.

Try playing Republic. Try dealing with the 5::1 imbalance. Try dealing with the boring story.

If you level one to 50, you will quickly realize what I am talking about. There are serious issues with the republic side, but it seems you don't realize that yet.
I have a 50 sage and a 46 gunslinger. I have a 50 sorc and a 50 marauder. I enjoy my republic toons just as much as I like my imperial toons. And TBH, so far the smuggler has the best story out of any of them that I've played. I don't really notice a drastic difference between the fleets either.

The republic side is in no way worse than imperial other than population imbalance.
To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time.
Explorer: 73% | Killer: 47% | Socializer: 40% | Achiever: 40%
Officer of Dark Fury. An Imperial Guild focusing on Operations and PVP on Jedi Covenant.

Kemosobe's Avatar


Kemosobe
05.05.2012 , 11:41 AM | #230
Wow, have yet to make an imperial and see their Fleet but WOW! That is a big difference. I must say I like the Empire Fleet better. Actually looks like an active area.
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
Curious how many would stand in the street staring down an oncoming garbage truck because they don't have DBM telling them to get out of the way.
Quote: Originally Posted by KROSSDARK View Post
Yeah I feel sorry for the devs. The new breed of gamers are so %$$#&^%