Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 melee buff and the fate of the ranged classes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
1.2 melee buff and the fate of the ranged classes

unicornfive
05.05.2012 , 11:08 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by xChroniCx View Post
Bcause, unfortunately that 31/31/31 spec of yours isn't playable to the rest of us at the moment...sorry.
Oh 31/31/31 isnt playable? Ehmm, thats why i wrote the 3 simple words for kiddies "Annihilation" , "Rage" , "Carnage"
So they ll KNOW i dont speak for 1 spec. But stupid ppl are stupid. Next time i ll have to draw it.

Annex
05.05.2012 , 11:12 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracosz View Post
Sorcs are fine, use line of sight and stop casting in the open. There are so many ways to kite and kill players that I see awful players not utilizing. People have to get out of the mindset that they can just channel and kill. Melee have a lot of trouble when they're not on you...
Sorcs are not fine. I have a 50 BM jugg and a 50 BM/WH sorc and the jugg is roflol overpowered whereas the sorc is a liability.

Range classes are just fodder to mdps now, sorcs/sages especially as they HAVE to stand still to cast for 2/3 of their trees.

At least op healers can run...
Annex / Scimitar
ShadowLegion

unicornfive
05.05.2012 , 11:20 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Annex View Post
Sorcs are not fine. I have a 50 BM jugg and a 50 BM/WH sorc and the jugg is roflol overpowered whereas the sorc is a liability.

Range classes are just fodder to mdps now, sorcs/sages especially as they HAVE to stand still to cast for 2/3 of their trees.

Ofc they are not fine...
I have 4 sec cc immunity on my jugg after charge, and every sorc i face, they spam their knockback right after i charge...
Their noobness results in death...serves them well

Dracosz
05.05.2012 , 11:21 AM | #54

I play with madness sorcs and sorc healers (that have been playing their classes for months) who are doing just fine. I can tell you from that you're saying that you probbaly aren't optimizing your gear nor are you probably playing your class right.

Watch some of the sorc streamers on twitch.tv, they do really damn well, even after the sorc nerfs. They are in no way a liability if you use the full breadth of tools available to you.

*at least op healers can run*

You have a sprint
||||Watch my stream at ||||
www.twitch.tv/lakhiz
|||| Rank Something High Vengeance Juggernaut PvP On EVERY Day!||||

Annex
05.05.2012 , 11:34 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracosz View Post
I play with madness sorcs and sorc healers (that have been playing their classes for months) who are doing just fine. I can tell you from that you're saying that you probbaly aren't optimizing your gear nor are you probably playing your class right.

Watch some of the sorc streamers on twitch.tv, they do really damn well, even after the sorc nerfs. They are in no way a liability if you use the full breadth of tools available to you.

*at least op healers can run*

You have a sprint
Do you realise the cd of sprint? Yes, exact same as charge. If i sprint away the mdps can charge me (sprint doesnt get you out of charge range).

And pray what do you do once youve sprinted away? Cast a hot that does 2k (total) heal? (thats 1 skill for the mdps) or cast a lolheal that has a 2.3s cast time... (please interrupt me).

No thanks, I'm one of the top sorcs on my server (still) with augmented BM/WH gear, 300 surge and 430 crit and at times even noob mdps tear me up with literally nothing I can do.

My jugg on the other hand is pure easy mode despite having significantly worse kit. Enrage>Charge>Obliterate>Smash>Scream>lolyouaredea dstupidsage. There is literally nothing they can do as they dont even get a chance to move.

Seriously, play both archetypes, its a joke atm.
Annex / Scimitar
ShadowLegion

unicornfive
05.05.2012 , 11:37 AM | #56
Do you realise the cd of sprint? Yes, exact same as charge. If i sprint away the mdps can charge me (sprint doesnt get you out of charge range).

And pray what do you do once youve sprinted away? Cast a hot that does 2k (total) heal? (thats 1 skill for the mdps) or cast a lolheal that has a 2.3s cast time... (please interrupt me).

No thanks, I'm one of the top sorcs on my server (still) with augmented BM/WH gear, 300 surge and 430 crit and at times even noob mdps tear me up with literally nothing I can do.

My jugg on the other hand is pure easy mode despite having significantly worse kit. Enrage>Charge>Obliterate>Smash>Scream>lolyouaredeadstupidsage. There is literally nothing they can do as they dont even get a chance to move.

Noob detected

Xerain
05.05.2012 , 11:42 AM | #57

My jugg on the other hand is pure easy mode despite having significantly worse kit. Enrage>Charge>Obliterate>Smash>Scream>lolyouaredea dstupidsage. There is literally nothing they can do as they dont even get a chance to move.

There's not way you're putting out 18k damage in that time and a charge>obliterate will leave you with 0 points to smash and follow it up with a scream.

Please if you're going to complain use factual evidence and not crappy made up, well ****.

Annex
05.05.2012 , 11:44 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
There's not way you're putting out 18k damage in that time and a charge>obliterate will leave you with 0 points to smash and follow it up with a scream.

Please if you're going to complain use factual evidence and not crappy made up, well ****.
Learn to read. Enrage.
Annex / Scimitar
ShadowLegion

kenbenobi
05.05.2012 , 11:45 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Chabodeux View Post
I guess you all rolled a juggernaut/marauder already, that could be the only rational explanation, why isnt the forum flooded with NERF threads.
Warriors became too powerful, which made them TOO POPULAR. No resource bar ROOT, charge immunity, overpowered slow/control mechanism's leave no room for any ranged, especially not for sages. A single warrior can kill a sage in no time, but what if 2 or 3 charges you... OF course you could say that 3 sages would do the same to a warrior, but thats not quite true. And here we run into our second problem, WARRIOR SURV. Really? Insane damage reduction talents, saber ward, last stand, intervene, AOE BLIND, KNOCKBACK, and the best and cheapest AOE SLOW in the game...
Warriors, both jugs and marauders CRIT FOR 7k , with both masterstrike and SWEEP/EXECUTE. 3 hardest hitting abilities belong to the same class, and you think its *********** BALANCED? Practicly its like if i started from 70% hp, since under 30% i get chain executed. ANd thanks to UNAVOIDABLE DAMAGE warrior mechanisms, you find yourself under 30% in an eyeblink, no matter how geared or skilled you are...
They really have too much survability can easily hit 7000+ and make chain dps that kills sage with same kind gear in blink of an eye. Sage has to stop moving damage (telekinetics) or putt all dots in still the damage is poor compared to survability. Someone must be insane if calls this game balanced. Yes i play sage, sentinel and juggernaut so i know.
"Ganta Solo chone Wuki." (Bring me Solo and the Wookiee!)

Xerain
05.05.2012 , 11:47 AM | #60
Learn to read. Enrage.
6+3=9-3=6-3=3-4=-1... See.

And it's still not 18k damage.