Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crew Skills need work

kaboro
05.05.2012 , 07:13 AM | #1
There are many things about the whole Crew Skills system that need to be worked on.

My lvl 33-40 mission list is all grey, while my lvl 41-48 mission list is all orange, shouldnt be like that.

Yellow missions fail often if they are of the "rich" type.

Underworld metal missions are almost never on the list, running to the ship and back will produce ONE metals mission every once in a blue moon and its not worth the effort..

The stats on many purple crafted items doesnt justify the mats spent to craft them, let alone the mats spent to RE the recipe in the first place.

Last but not least you can get equal or better than crafted items from quests, commendation vendors and light/dark vendors, and to add insult to injury you can get these items BEFORE you outlevel them, while usually you outlevel the purples you can craft by the time you get the mats and RE the recipe.

I dont craft to trade on the GTN (couldnt even if i wanted because im on a low pop server).
I made alts with different crafts and tried to level them while exchanging items mats and recipes between them.
I got them all to around 300 crafting level and it was good to experience the different storylines with the alts, but bad to discover how flawed and marginally useful the whole crewskill system is.

Yaesive
05.05.2012 , 09:01 AM | #2
I have found that the crew skills to some align with your character level. One of my Toons I had a level 20 character on the second world (1st after starter world) and I discovered that cause of influence of credits from other toons I had on that server I hit a point where crew skills became not possible.

Not sure if others have encountered that.
Yaesive | Jo'lin | Fojea
Jedi Sage | Jedi Guardian | Smuggler
Jedi Covenant - Outer-Rim Recon Battalion Formerly Canderous Ordo
"Do or Do Not. There is no Try" - Yoda