Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Combat vs Watchman

FadedSpark
05.04.2012 , 12:18 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by CivicTiger View Post
they aren't really getting much of a break.. the healing from Watchman is still crap lol
322HPS tonight covering 4 people (the DPS group, including another sentinel)

I can say several times that well timed zen burns have kept the healers free to focus on the tanks in our NiM KP run. 20% of a players health in about 6s is NO small number. There were several close calls that we worked through, and a few BRez's where the bonus heals made a big difference.
FadedSpark - 31/1/9
Galactic Energy Corps - Officer | Sith Meditation Sphere

YourMomWasHere
05.04.2012 , 06:54 AM | #32
I love Combat, but I play Watchman. It's simply more effective. In PVP I live longer, do more damage, stall the enemy more when I'm alone, kill more of them when I have company.

Crawelc
05.04.2012 , 07:16 AM | #33
Base damage on ataru for me right now is 412-446 every 1.5 second possibly, getting crits for around 1k on it now so while im sure its not on par with zen+OS I still think the damage difference is more about uptime.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest>
All Imprimis All the time.

gundamemo
05.04.2012 , 02:06 PM | #34
I suppose Watchman is better than combat against assassin... I mean those assassin on my server are so used to fighting watchman sentinel, they didn't know what to make of combat spec sentinel (there's like 5 combat in total from both side and they don't seem to be very effective overall)

Anywoo, I may try again once I have better gear but its quite satisfying to be top two dmg/kill every warzone as opposed to middle of the ground while being only very good at eliminating healers.

DroidDestroyer
05.04.2012 , 02:53 PM | #35
It really depends on your play style and what you want to do. I prefer control utilities with burst damage in PvP. In PvE sustained damage is better imho. I don't know why some people are using PvE numbers to argue PvP builds.

I really hope we get dual specs soon, if so I would run Combat in PvP and Watchman in PvE.
The . Shall Free Me

Crawelc
05.04.2012 , 07:31 PM | #36
You guys are saying combat is better at fighting healers? Im dumbfounded right now. I have played carnage/combat on 2 toons now. We have 6% accuracy from ataru and talents, watchman has a shorter cd on kick. We are to stop people from kiteing and do damage no one else can do on tanks and if you play it any other way your doing it wrong.

Ainianu
05.04.2012 , 08:13 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawelc View Post
You guys are saying combat is better at fighting healers? Im dumbfounded right now. I have played carnage/combat on 2 toons now. We have 6% accuracy from ataru and talents, watchman has a shorter cd on kick. We are to stop people from kiteing and do damage no one else can do on tanks and if you play it any other way your doing it wrong.
i personally have found certain spec's better vs certain healer classes, but... in general ive not had a problem killing healers in any spec

Sorc Healers = Watchman's inturrupts come into play here and shorter range leap is good for when they start to try kite, so you dont need to let them get far
Merc Healers = they cannot even be interrupted when they got that shield on and thus i find Combat spec more effective in general vs these guys.
Operative Healers = They are very mobile and can remove snares from themselves very regularly, and i find Combat with its immobilises and faster movement speed much easier to kill one of these guys.
Ainianu - Sentinel - [EU] Nightmare Lands

Crawelc
05.05.2012 , 06:25 AM | #38
Point to Ainianu

gundamemo
05.06.2012 , 01:33 AM | #39
What Ainianu said essentially.

Sorc healer can only survive slightly longer if I have to work through 2 bubbles but otherwise its easy either combat or watchman spec.

Combat is superior against other two healer AC

redBadgers
05.06.2012 , 10:25 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Ainianu View Post
in my test dummy parses i had Combat come out higher sustained dps on a 10m parse (was highest single target dps of all 3 specs, with watchman not far behind and focus a bit behind that)

However... the dps on dummies is not the same as dps in practice in pvp as combat spec's dps is fragile and can be ruined easily if you get cc'd after precision or during master strike. Watchman is not so vulnerable. In PvE i think Combat will generally come out higher and in PvP its likely fairly even imo.

It really comes down to what 'else' they offer to dps.

Combat : extra immobilises, +15% in combat movement, faster transcendance, camo breaks root/snare.

Watchman: better inturrupts, healing.

When it comes down to practice in pvp the healing is a BIG factor, and it makes the most difference in any 1v1 situation, or even 1v2 where Combat spec's strength lies more in its mobility, moving between objectives fast in novare/alderaan and just amazing in huttball.

It comes down to personal playstyle/preference. I actually swap between both spec's a lot, every now and again i get a game where i really wish i was the other spec so then i respec for a while.

I personally have spent most time as watchman since 1.2, but currently back in combat spec and with 4 peice war hero set and both lightsabers... it is really heavy hitting now
Are you doing a proper Watchman rotation? Because I have rolled both Combat and Watchman and Watchman has more sustained damage over time. It's just the perk of the tree. Combat does more damage in quick bursts, but not as much as what a Watchman can put out over a longer fight.