Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do I make money with Cybertech?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
How do I make money with Cybertech?

SithFuseitana
12.17.2011 , 11:39 AM | #21
What is the procedure to 'reverse engineer' an item? I've poked around the UI looking for it but haven't found it yet.

Thanks.

Heappestre
12.17.2011 , 11:45 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by SithFuseitana View Post
What is the procedure to 'reverse engineer' an item? I've poked around the UI looking for it but haven't found it yet.

Thanks.
It's in the top right of your inventory. There is currently a bug, so please make sure you don't re stacks. It's not an issue with cybertech, but it is with some of the others.
Spelling isn't my strong point.

P-Funk
12.17.2011 , 01:20 PM | #23
The biggest obstacle in making money off of your crafting is when dorks put theirs up for less than it cost to make. Some people seem content to beat you to a sale even if they lose money on it.

Eventually however the economy will even out and there'll be market prices. Demand will dictate how low the price will go. If people end up buying stuff often enough then there won't be too much fluctuation.

Its really annoying when you find a good price and someone low balls it into an area where you can't make money by beating it.
"In this Galaxy there are two kinds of people. Those with loaded Blasters, and those that Slice. You, Slice."

Borogoves
12.17.2011 , 01:39 PM | #24
The problem that I'm seeing is no one is upgrading their mods etc for thier armor and weapons. They just go get new stuff. Blue earpieces seem to be selling well enough to offset some of the money I'm loosing grinding up crafting.

Calqless
12.17.2011 , 01:48 PM | #25
wait til launch and it will be better, your 5 days in with alot of power gamers and waht not, when the player base is established it will even out

TitanJJ
12.17.2011 , 02:34 PM | #26
It's almost futile to attempt to make creds from crew skills at this time. (notice i said almost)

For Cybertech, I've just been sending one companion on scavenging/underworld trading, and the other companion makes mods all day.

I RE ALL items I create. This gives me more mats for making even more mods, and more chances at schematics.

I'd like to know though, are there any benefits to REing purples, besides getting mats back for more purples?
THAT'S NO MOON