Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

MSVCP90.dll is missing. Help.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
MSVCP90.dll is missing. Help.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KeyworkPredator
05.03.2012 , 08:55 PM | #1
The program can't start because MSVCP90.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Had that error, couldn't get rid of it. So I reinstalled.

Ran the launcher again, patched up to 1.2, and now whenever I hit, "Play" I get that same error every time. I've googled and even tried reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 file like recommended. I've tried running as admin, I have ran the fixlauncher. I have done memory tests. Someone throw me a bone here. This is ridiculous.

Any help here? I'm running out of options and patience.

Bomyne
05.03.2012 , 09:35 PM | #2
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findby...sing-error.htm This list should help.

Step 4 says reinstall the program that uses this file. That'd be SWTOR. If you haven't already, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.
"Sometimes, The obvious choice is the wrong choice."

KeyworkPredator
05.04.2012 , 06:51 AM | #3
I already did reinstall, I said that in the second line :P

I guess I may have to just reinstall windows, which is not on my want-to-do list

Smaois
05.04.2012 , 06:54 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings KeyworkPredator,

For assistance with this issue, please send an email to support@swtor.com with a full explanation of the issue and the troubleshooting carried out and attach your most recent Launcher log and also your MSINFO.

To get your MSINFO:
  1. Press Windows Key + R
  2. Enter into the following window “MSINFO32” and press ENTER
  3. Now you have the “System Information” open
  4. Click on “File” -> “Export” and save the file at any location convenient (default: Desktop) All this information must be saved as .txt file.
Our technical support team will be able to investigate this further for you.

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support