Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild Progress

Madgedull
05.03.2012 , 11:04 AM | #1
To see where you stand in the world of Guild Progression in SWTOR, go register your guild here and input your kills from your Ops

http://swtor.guildprogress.com/
CORDELIA - JEDI SAGE OF XANADU

Wugan
05.03.2012 , 11:30 AM | #2
http://www.swtor.raidranks.com/#! already exists. Does this site provide anything new or different in terms of rankings?
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Wugan --- Sage

Madgedull
05.03.2012 , 12:41 PM | #3
It is much the same, however it is more established than the one you have linked. It is a progression site which is used by other MMO's such as everquest, EQ2 and WoW etc.

Looking at it briefly it seems that more guilds are on the guild progress site than the one u linked, which looks like it is a reasonably new site =)

Talorra
05.03.2012 , 01:21 PM | #4
Do they intend to add a time input for kills? Many of the kills in EC so far have been within minutes of each other.

Or any kind of kill verification? Popular vote isn't going to cut it.
M'arik <Intrepid> 16-player Progression The Harbinger
IntrepidOps.com | Live Stream | Recruitment Thread | @Twitter

Aenene
05.03.2012 , 04:57 PM | #5
not every kill on raidranks has a screen that verifies it either. Short of people having to post Video with a clock running showing the exact time the entire fight, no system is going to be 100% perfect or have everything be 100% legit.
(i have been using Raidranks)

*edit* looking over guildprogress, it seems mostly dominated by EU server guilds. Not a single guild from Mandalore is on that site. So i guess if i upload my guilds kills, that would make us top on our server! Hah. These ranking sites amuse me.
Aenene: Merc Healer [50]
<Kandosii> GM & RL
Mandalore the Indomitable

Madgedull
05.04.2012 , 02:15 AM | #6
lol yes

The accuracy of either guild progress tool will be down to guilds updating their info. Personally I prefer the guildprogress.com tool as it is a tool I am used to having used it many years in eq2, and the verifying of kills isnt as protracted/fiddly as new tool.

So imo for accuracy everyone should use either both tools, or pick one which seems unlikely.

Semitote
05.04.2012 , 09:57 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Madgedull View Post
lol yes

The accuracy of either guild progress tool will be down to guilds updating their info. Personally I prefer the guildprogress.com tool as it is a tool I am used to having used it many years in eq2, and the verifying of kills isnt as protracted/fiddly as new tool.

So imo for accuracy everyone should use either both tools, or pick one which seems unlikely.
I dunno, raidranks looks better and has no ads.

Even the FAQ link on guildprogress takes me to an ad but no FAQ's.

But I guess it doesn't hurt to have two sites in case people don't know about one or the other.
Semee - Legacy 39 - Valor 83 - Social VIII - Juggernaut
The Fatman Nerf Dialogue World #1 8M Empire
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."