Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mercenary Crafting: Armstech or Armormech?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Mercenary Crafting: Armstech or Armormech?

GnatB
05.03.2012 , 05:37 PM | #11
If you aren't planning on crafting to sell

Biochem is the only one that makes sense, and that's only because of the skill restrictions on the reuseables.

If you aren't crafting to sell, then you'll probably waste more money learning schematics than you'll save making the stuff yourself.

Sithhelmet
05.03.2012 , 05:59 PM | #12
Since you have an UT and Scavenger elsewhere, Armormech would be the way to go. Having other toons to send the materials you'll need will mean that you can actually keep the level of items you make equal or above what your character can use.

But I have to agree, the best bang crew skill wise is going biochem. The only things you can make that are good are Rakata belts and bracers which are BoP and require crit crafts to make them worthwhile, whereas without biochem your alt will be like the brother you give money to every week (making or buying stims) if you want to do anything other than shelve it at 50. So far as Armstech crafting, there's absolutely nothing they can make that's BoP or skill specific.

KiraHalcyon
05.03.2012 , 07:03 PM | #13
After listening to what everyone is saying, I think I'll do Armormech--it'll help Kyril until I can get him Legacy Armor, and can also supply armor for Mako. I figure I can also sell a few things if I need some quick credits.

Thanks for all the opinions!!
Takeshi Yamato- 24-Year-Old Human Male Jedi Sentinel
Hitomi- 21-Year-Old Human Female Sith Marauder
Sayane- 27-Year-Old Human Female Imperial Sniper
Zark- 300-Year-Old Feeorin Male Sith Juggernaut

Estimate
05.03.2012 , 07:18 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by KiraHalcyon View Post
Kyril (my Merc) is actually my sixth (and latest) character.

My Main is a Sentinel with Artifice, Slicing, and Treasure Hunting. I also have a Sage with Archaeology, Bioanalysis, and Biochem, a Guardian with Synthweaving, Archaeology, and Underworld Trading, an Inquisitor with Artifice, Archaeology, and Treasure Hunting, and an Agent with Cybertech, Scavenging, and either Underworld Trading or Slicing (I can't recall which off the top of my head).
Aha, another alt-a-holic lol.

You'd get more use out of the armormech, mine is a Vanguard, no +crit but still usually every 5 or so I get an augment.
plus, I like the Armormech stuff for my Guardian, got tired of robes real quick., maybe pick up investigation to pre-feed your next new Armstech Then you're covered.

Edit, snuck one in as I was typing.

KiraHalcyon
05.03.2012 , 09:21 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Estimate View Post
Aha, another alt-a-holic lol.

You'd get more use out of the armormech, mine is a Vanguard, no +crit but still usually every 5 or so I get an augment.
plus, I like the Armormech stuff for my Guardian, got tired of robes real quick., maybe pick up investigation to pre-feed your next new Armstech Then you're covered.

Edit, snuck one in as I was typing.
Thank you very much.
Takeshi Yamato- 24-Year-Old Human Male Jedi Sentinel
Hitomi- 21-Year-Old Human Female Sith Marauder
Sayane- 27-Year-Old Human Female Imperial Sniper
Zark- 300-Year-Old Feeorin Male Sith Juggernaut