Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware... STOP NERFING!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Bioware... STOP NERFING!

wiazabi
05.03.2012 , 04:12 PM | #21
Tracer missile spam was never OP but the part where the more tracer ppl hitting one target the more dmg buff they all get needed to go it made pve pvp godlike ( not so much pvp ).

You might think that assasin needs higher burst (they do have that) than operative to make up for their high initial burst but think about it for a sec how ofen can you get your high burst off vs a class that need stealth to do theirs and to top it off you also get a 30% hp finisher style.

Im sorry i dont wanna turn this into assasin vs operative but you need to look at the overall abilities of both classes and what they add to a group and how they can best achieve the objectives of each map.

MnniBeast
05.03.2012 , 08:55 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by wiazabi View Post
Tracer missile spam was never OP but the part where the more tracer ppl hitting one target the more dmg buff they all get needed to go it made pve pvp godlike ( not so much pvp ).

You might think that assasin needs higher burst (they do have that) than operative to make up for their high initial burst but think about it for a sec how ofen can you get your high burst off vs a class that need stealth to do theirs and to top it off you also get a 30% hp finisher style.

Im sorry i dont wanna turn this into assasin vs operative but you need to look at the overall abilities of both classes and what they add to a group and how they can best achieve the objectives of each map.
I agree with the tracer, but you realize only 5 stacks of armor reduction could exist on a player at one time. Both the assassin and the operative were nerfed in surge heavily. I hate to say this but i'm not sure about the assassin v.s. scoundrel burst dps, i'll have to research this although I'm almost positive that assassins are better for a longer period of time and scoundrels excel at short periods of DPS.