Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I need help with security questions!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
I need help with security questions!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

chstens
12.17.2011 , 07:45 AM | #1
I have sent support five emails detailing my problem and I've included a picture of my drivers license and my email in all of them, I have also tried calling support, but that's *********** impossible because I can never get through. The issue is that it keeps asking me for a question I never answered, please help.

D6-R8
12.17.2011 , 08:13 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by chstens View Post
I have sent support five emails detailing my problem and I've included a picture of my drivers license and my email in all of them, I have also tried calling support, but that's *********** impossible because I can never get through. The issue is that it keeps asking me for a question I never answered, please help.

Hi chstens,

We’re very sorry that you’re having so many difficulties in reaching our phone service, but we need to ask that you please insist. We’re aware that it can sometimes be difficult to reach us through the phone, and in this regard initiatives are being taken to try to improve this phone service. We can unfortunately not help you with security questions through this forum, nor through e-mail, and the reason for this is the need to protect your account data.

Thank you for your patience, and we look forward to seeing you in Star Wars: The Old Republic!

D6-R8 | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

chstens
12.17.2011 , 01:55 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by D6-R8 View Post

Hi chstens,

We’re very sorry that you’re having so many difficulties in reaching our phone service, but we need to ask that you please insist. We’re aware that it can sometimes be difficult to reach us through the phone, and in this regard initiatives are being taken to try to improve this phone service. We can unfortunately not help you with security questions through this forum, nor through e-mail, and the reason for this is the need to protect your account data.

Thank you for your patience, and we look forward to seeing you in Star Wars: The Old Republic!

Then why does your help center state that it can be done by email if I send you a picture of some kind of ID along with the registered email address I used to make the account? I have sent you that information 5 times. If it's not true that it can be done by mail, then it shouldn't be in the help centre!

Gankuskhan
12.17.2011 , 02:00 PM | #4
I am in the same boat as you, I have now been waiting on hold for an 1hr 30mins, this is ridiculous. There shouldn't be a security question if you don't want them. Also if you are going to have them you should at least change the damn question when you get it wrong. Having you answer the same question wrong 5 times then have to call in, and I can't even log in to check if i made a type-o in my answer.

I hope you guys are learning from all of this