Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why it is a GREAT reason to CANCEL your account.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Why it is a GREAT reason to CANCEL your account.

kypavo
12.17.2011 , 01:10 PM | #21
If you can't even answer the security questions that you entered in, you've got problems. If you need to, write them down.

Their system is smart. If someone was trying to get into your account and didn't know the answer to one of your questions, they don't get 5 more questions to try out to get in. They have to answer the same question until they get it right. They are SECURITY questions, not 'piss you off' questions; they are designed to keep your account safe.

Don't rage at BW because you have a poor memory.
SW:TOR Fan since May 2009
CE VIP CLUB
Proud Member of <NK>

SlanginEwoks
12.17.2011 , 01:13 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by kypavo View Post
If you can't even answer the security questions that you entered in, you've got problems. If you need to, write them down.

Their system is smart. If someone was trying to get into your account and didn't know the answer to one of your questions, they don't get 5 more questions to try out to get in. They have to answer the same question until they get it right. They are SECURITY questions, not 'piss you off' questions; they are designed to keep your account safe.

Don't rage at BW because you have a poor memory.
Yeah you are so smart. read everything gangster. I am almost positive i was never asked that question because i have tried 5000 combos and none work. pretty sure its their system.

xTHENKx
12.17.2011 , 01:16 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by SlanginEwoks View Post
I cant change them without knowing the answer to the car question....
ahh bummer. i wonder if EA can help you. did you use origin to download the game? if so, maybe try chatting or starting a call back. https://help.ea.com/connect-with-us

maybe they can get the issue escalated.
Desktop - AMD 8150 3.6 Ghz | 8GB Ram | SLI GeForce 560
Laptop - i3 2.1 Ghz | 4GB Ram | ATI Radeon 4330

For the Sith

Sakrelige
12.17.2011 , 01:18 PM | #24
Oh yah.? Well I have grown up. I am upset because they have failed to create a system that works. You paid for the game right? I did too. Millions did idiot. That is MILLIONS OF DOILLARS. IF YOU SELL SOMETHING TO MAKE MILLIONS YOU SHOULD AHVE A SYSTEM THAT WORKS ALREADY WHEN YOU RELEASE IT. That is why I am upset. I understand I don't know the answer, **** I dont even remember answering the particular question they keep asking me. or else I would have gotten past it already. I hav etried anything and everythign I would ever answer to that. about 100 combos. Thanks tard
maybe you should calm down. your emotional outbursts are making you sound like an idiot.
Try reading one of the other topics and see what solutions they have found.

also: the game is not even officially released yet.

Viera
12.17.2011 , 01:20 PM | #25
Yeha I understand there are 2 million others out there with real problems. This is so little it would take them like 5 seconds? I don't uinderstand their logistics when making their security quesitons. Again Why would you have several quesitons asnwered and what not to only be asked the same question over and over and over and over. come on now I haven't gone to college and even i can think of this?! HOW SMART ARE THEY!!! Not very
They repeat the same question to prevent hackers from phishing for all of your security questions. They already explained this.

Gassygunslinger
12.17.2011 , 01:25 PM | #26
Yeah, Bioware sure is terrible for wanting to make your account more secure. Next thing you know, they'll be requesting you change your password from "password" to something more secure. How dare they?

There are likely tens of thousands of people like you submitting things to Customer Service round the clock. Because Bioware likely does not have tens of thousands of people working round the clock to answer them, I expect you can do the math on this one. Besides, some people have technical issues more serious than password amnesia.

And for the record, spending money on your computer does not mean you spent $500 for this game. You remove the game, and you still have your computer, upgrades and all.
Longtime SWG Vet: "Guillemette of Bria" Respect the Smuggler History
Elder Smuggler, Winner of the 5th Anniversary Rebel Painting Contest

Etten of Vrook Lamar.

SlanginEwoks
12.17.2011 , 01:27 PM | #27
agreed. Then I will say why would it ask me a security question, when I have logged in from the same computer same ip adress 3 days in a row. and all the sudden ask it a security question?

billyarghbones
12.17.2011 , 01:36 PM | #28
agreed. Then I will say why would it ask me a security question, when I have logged in from the same computer same ip adress 3 days in a row. and all the sudden ask it a security question?
IP addresses can be forged, people can remote access other machines. Hmm. Why do I need a key to my house when I enter it every day at about the same time.

SlanginEwoks
12.17.2011 , 01:37 PM | #29
cause its a physical body with no form of memory. duh.

Fraggdu
12.17.2011 , 01:57 PM | #30

Mmhmm childish tantrums get me hot.

Waaa, you can't play a video game. Won't beat the dead horse to bad. Massive MMO release, Million + players, their is going to be some issues. Grow up, get in line, have some patients.

Thank you for cancelling your account, the less raging kids the better.

"this isn't the game your looking for, move along"