Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warlord Kephess: Savage Arcing Slash

YodadoY
05.03.2012 , 03:20 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Niil View Post
I don't tank it, I dps it, but I know our tanks say they take 18k hits from it. What we do is have the tanks ping pong the boss constantly. They save their cooldowns until the second phase of fighting just him. They only tank him when cooldowns are up. The tanks try to stay at max distance from each other while staying in taunt range. They taunt, then run, if he charges them instantly they pop a cooldown, with the other tank taunting asap. One of the tanks usually dies here. We rez them asap and keep going. We tend to lose at least one other when he drops agro during this or we lose a tank again, but it's an all out burn phase. We've been able to gun him down each time. Actually trying to stand and tank him is a bad idea.
I've read similar strategies to this and like the idea, however we have another somewhat unique problem in the fact that we are typically running with 4 melee dps...and sometimes 4 bad marauders. We can move around some, but bouncing the boss back and forth between 30 meters will be a huge dps drain. Any good ideas around this?

Niil
05.03.2012 , 03:40 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by YodadoY View Post
I've read similar strategies to this and like the idea, however we have another somewhat unique problem in the fact that we are typically running with 4 melee dps...and sometimes 4 bad marauders. We can move around some, but bouncing the boss back and forth between 30 meters will be a huge dps drain. Any good ideas around this?
That can be difficult. Honestly I don't really think there's much of a choice. The melee are going to have to give chase. Tanks can't just stand there and tank that final phase. They're just going to have to ensure that they're not, at any point, in the frontal arc of the boss. You're in a better position because the marauders can leap to the boss than say operatives or assassins. Melee also have to deal with all the purple circles. I wish you luck man, but your best bet is to try to mix it up a little bit on the roster.

Samwiseee
05.04.2012 , 01:58 AM | #13
The first hit he does after coming down is pretty lethal, yes. One tank should stand near where he comes down and get aggro on him immediate. After he takes that initial 1 hit, the other tank taunts off of him, that way the damage is more spread out. Try to kite as much as possible, and keep his front side away from other people.

I can personally tank him without moving, but my gear is also much better now than it was when we first killed Kephess. We did have to kite him a lot and bounce aggro back and forth for our first few kills.

Tell your tanks to stack shield chance and absorption so that the hits that do land are mitigated as much as possible.