Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Has anyone else never even seen a Star wars movie...?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Has anyone else never even seen a Star wars movie...?

Sznur
12.13.2011 , 11:51 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Nevzo View Post
I haven't, and have no intentions to.

I love MMO's of all types, so i will probably love this too.. am I the only non-nerd who's going to be playing? I really don't like the star wars franchise as a whole tbh ;-)
So you are an MMO nerd. Does it make you any better than SW nerds ?

Zeae
12.13.2011 , 11:53 AM | #22
I'm gonna take a wiiiild guess and say you're a flaming ubertroll...not seeing the Star Wars movies.....

Nevzo
12.13.2011 , 11:55 AM | #23
So I am alone in this?

I watch good movies but star wars is so dated i most likely won't enjoy it.

Too much talking aswell from what i can tell from clips. It looks so dull

HanzoV
12.13.2011 , 11:56 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Nevzo View Post
So I am alone in this?

I watch good movies but star wars is so dated i most likely won't enjoy it.

Too much talking aswell from what i can tell from clips. It looks so dull
I'm really curious what you consider a "good movie."
TORtanic indeed. It's just like that movie that was hugely successful and made boatloads of money.
This is an MMO. Whether you play with or see the other players is irrelevant to that fact.

Charoite
12.13.2011 , 11:56 AM | #25
Has anyone watched the Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Episodes I-VI) [Blu-ray]? If so what did you think about the set?

I have the old VHS tapes of IV-VI and am looking to get the complete saga mainly for I-III and the blu-ray format.

Phaelus
12.13.2011 , 12:00 PM | #26
lol non-nerd? That's so subjective. I could also claim you're a nerd for playing the game. You haven't seen the movies? That's fine. It may be confusing if you have little concept of Jedi vs Sith (light side vs dark side choices) and Republic vs Empire, but it shouldn't be too hard to pick up. Beyond the basic theme, the movies wouldn't be of any use to you since there's no story taken from them.

BenjaminminU
12.13.2011 , 12:02 PM | #27
Go away, you don't like star wars as a whole yet you're playing a star wars mmo?
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

Hesterlicioius
12.13.2011 , 12:03 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Charoite View Post
Has anyone watched the Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Episodes I-VI) [Blu-ray]? If so what did you think about the set?

I have the old VHS tapes of IV-VI and am looking to get the complete saga mainly for I-III and the blu-ray format.
I just finished watching it. It is worth the money I'd say. I never knew how rough of shape Threepio was in until we popped in a New Hope.
If you don't think, you shouldn't talk.

Ahl-Vinn
12.13.2011 , 12:05 PM | #29

I smell a troll.....

But if you never see any of the other ones, at LEAST see The Empire Strikes Back. Classic masterpiece, and inarguably the best of the saga.

It's the reason a lot of film-makers decide to become film-makers in the 1st place.
Ahlvis, of Server Begeren Colony, SWTOR
Ahl-Vinn, formerly of Servers Bria and Starsider, SWG
Long live <THE JEDl ORDER>, 2004 - Present
Long live the former Server Vrook Lamar!

Skoll
12.13.2011 , 12:06 PM | #30
Blasphemy!
Hi! I'm Darth Harrington of Darth Harrington's Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids Emporium and Moon Base. Due to a garbled subspace transmission, I am currently overstocked on all Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids, and I am passing the savings onto yoooou!