Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Black Screen crashing / Hard Crashing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
SWTOR Black Screen crashing / Hard Crashing

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

beatso
12.17.2011 , 12:18 PM | #221
I too am having the same problem. i have a nvidia 560gtx, i have the most recent drivers (290 beta) i have updated Java, i have ran a repair on Swtor, i have resat all my hardware, i have ran furmark for 4 hours and no crash, i can run sc2 on ultra, bf3 on all high settings and nothing, but i cant play SWtor any longer than 2 hours before my pc turns itself off.

during the furmark test my GPU had a temp of 81c when im playing swtor the max i have noticed it go is 70c.

this is driving me insane!

Platinumstorm
12.17.2011 , 12:42 PM | #222
Same problem, THis is day 3!

I turned down the hardware acceleration on my msi 560ti to half way.
I tried the beta versions for nvidia
I rolled the drivers back twice
I ran a disk defrag
I disconnected all hard drives but the one being used
I reinstalled the game
I ran other games, no crash
Also, I have a seagate HD running the game

For me i'll be playing for a certain period of time, and then the screen goes black for a second and the entire computer reboots. Then once im ingame I can only play for a minute and it'll do the same thing till the cows come home.
This is rediculous, i played beta for over 6 months and it never happened once. Now it's time for release and it happens every day! I'm just glad I haven't picked up my CE copy of the game. If it's not fixed in two days, I will cancel it all.

For me it only seems to do this when the server is full

All i want to hear is "hey guys we're working on this problem"

DBVinal
12.17.2011 , 12:46 PM | #223
Day 3 as well. This is quite annoying.

deathsg
12.17.2011 , 12:51 PM | #224
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorkulon View Post
Same problem here (Hard Crash, System not responding in any way)

Every other game (BF3, Skyrim, MW3, Starcraft, WoW,...) runs absolutly smoothly. There has to be an error in the game.

please fix! I'd really love to play your game (and pay for it!)
turn shadow quality to off in the graphics settings under preferences. if that is the case where you can select a toon hit the play and can play in the game world for like 5 min before the game locks your computer up.

Muffintopped
12.17.2011 , 12:56 PM | #225
Quote: Originally Posted by Platinumstorm View Post
Same problem, THis is day 3!

I turned down the hardware acceleration on my msi 560ti to half way.
I tried the beta versions for nvidia
I rolled the drivers back twice
I ran a disk defrag
I disconnected all hard drives but the one being used
I reinstalled the game
I ran other games, no crash
Also, I have a seagate HD running the game

For me i'll be playing for a certain period of time, and then the screen goes black for a second and the entire computer reboots. Then once im ingame I can only play for a minute and it'll do the same thing till the cows come home.
This is rediculous, i played beta for over 6 months and it never happened once. Now it's time for release and it happens every day! I'm just glad I haven't picked up my CE copy of the game. If it's not fixed in two days, I will cancel it all.

For me it only seems to do this when the server is full

All i want to hear is "hey guys we're working on this problem"

This also happens to me when the server starts to get full or after about 4 hours or so then it crashes over and over and over and over i will NOT b picking up my CE on the 20th if its not resolved by then i will not have a game crashing my computer over and over and ruin it, I bought this computer just for this game and played beta for 5 months 0 issues and after the 13th boom broken, five days and the only response i got from SR was we are escalteing the problem well escalating the problem and fixing it are 2 different things. This is utter crap....

kurtkless
12.17.2011 , 01:11 PM | #226
Wow, there seems to be several threads with many of us having problems like this. Just like many others, I had almost no issues with the beta client, but now I crash every 20-45min with either a straight crash to desktop or a BSOD. The BSOD errors are not the same, seem to be three different ones. I'm running a i5 2500k, factory SOC 560ti, 4g ram, 750w psu, no overclock on my end. Every other game/program runs like silk and is stable, only having issues with SWTOR (on win 7). The problem is not my hardware, its not my connection, its with SWTOR. I will not be subscribing if this is not fixed in some way soon, and I think there are many who share that opinion.

Morgueana
12.17.2011 , 01:33 PM | #227
Patch today's update and managed to stay in game through 3 quest dialogs, then computer locked completely up after pulling up map. Seriously, this is getting old. Day 5 now and I still cannot stay in the game for longer than 20 mins. Today's patch did not fix the problem for me and it appears many others are still crashing despite their so-called fix. Heads up BW, find it, fix it!

Edit:
Updated Dxdiag for 17 Dec.

Spoiler

Zezel
12.17.2011 , 01:35 PM | #228
BW response...................?

Cricket

Update drivers.....like this is the first game we've ever played..................

Cricket

MrTuesday
12.17.2011 , 01:36 PM | #229
Same issue here. Seeing this thread makes me feel a little better at least. Runs fine for awhile, and then the system reboots.

Zezel
12.17.2011 , 01:41 PM | #230
Quote: Originally Posted by MrTuesday View Post
Same issue here. Seeing this thread makes me feel a little better at least. Runs fine for awhile, and then the system reboots.
Normally yes, but after scrolling through the threads (because of no search function or view posts function) I would say it's a common issue, what strikes me is that it's three days before launch and customer/technical support is absent.

We are getting the ole "cut and paste" response my 14 year old could do for trouble shooting.

Must be nice to have EGA.