Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Consular vs. Sith Asssassin (Storyline)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Jedi Consular vs. Sith Asssassin (Storyline)

Skullbash
05.02.2012 , 04:06 AM | #11
I haven't played a consular, but I finished the inquisitor story and I thought it sucked, Without giving away any details I just thought the whole plot was juvenile with lots of cheesy one liners, weak villains, and dark side choices that don't make any sense. But then I've pretty much thought that about all of the storylines that I've played so far, I dunno, maybe single player rpgs ruined me for mmo stories.

Master-Nala
05.02.2012 , 07:01 AM | #12
Personally, I thought the Inquisitor storyline was absurd. It doesn't help that Ashara can't be turned or even made to realize she isn't a jedi anymore. The hate for the Consular storyline really surprises me as IMO it's one of the class lines most connected to the overall story and really fits what the class is about.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

Terrminator
05.02.2012 , 01:19 PM | #13
Thanks for all the replies guys! I think I'll probably do the SI first, then switch over to my JC later on. If anyone wants to join me, let me know. Name's Tal'galar. Just let me know, and I'll hop on. Well, thanks again guys!
Server: Space Slug
Tal'galar: Sith Sorcerer, level 17
Keran: Sith Warrior, level 28
Ilahur: Jedi Shadow, level 10

Tfranco
05.03.2012 , 08:34 AM | #14
I like the stories of both...but the male and female inquisitors both sound like Whiney fools...like luke. I can't stand it, so jc it was. I do wana ask this tho, does the si voice change after ch1? Because I watched their ending on YouTube and the voice was different less whiney.

MasterSamueel
07.04.2013 , 08:18 PM | #15
yknow the consulars voice is actually nolan north who voiced nathan drake from uncharted

jedimasterjac
07.04.2013 , 09:14 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Tfranco View Post
I like the stories of both...but the male and female inquisitors both sound like Whiney fools...like luke. I can't stand it, so jc it was. I do wana ask this tho, does the si voice change after ch1? Because I watched their ending on YouTube and the voice was different less whiney.
The Sith Inquisitor becomes more sure of themselves, and are more firm.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord Governor Charleston
You will shoot your enemy once, to ensure he fights no more that day! You will shoot traitors twice, to ensure nothing less than their deserved death!

AlexDougherty
07.05.2013 , 02:10 AM | #17
Consular story does start out boring, but it gets much better, chapter 3 rocks, seriously. My only problems was that for about 4 levels my Sage was seriously underpowered, making fights I was technically too high a level for hard, really hard in some places, but the sage gained proper strength a few levels later.

Have too say that if the Consular story gets too boring, play another character for a bit, alternate them for a few weeks, this breaks up the boredom, and allows you to get the story to the interesting chapters.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Kaisernick
07.05.2013 , 10:00 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
Personally, I thought the Inquisitor storyline was absurd. It doesn't help that Ashara can't be turned or even made to realize she isn't a jedi anymore. The hate for the Consular storyline really surprises me as IMO it's one of the class lines most connected to the overall story and really fits what the class is about.
i think its cause many (myself included) wernt fond of chapter 1 and i doubt many people who claim its awful have gotten past it or they would know it picks up.

The inquisitor is starts good but gets lost along the way and becomes a whole heap of mess, Ashara is a stupid choice and her reasoning for staying with a dark side character makes no scene, and the whole heal thing should never have gone to two planets.

Julius_Caesar
07.07.2013 , 05:50 PM | #19
A wise Jedi Master, and Mexican, once said "Why not both?".

These words shaped the Latino community tacos for eternity, let it shape your destiny as well
Fear me, for am the death of the Republic. For 2,000 years I have waited, now I have returned.
Julius Caesar

Pietrastor
07.07.2013 , 06:29 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaisernick View Post
The inquisitor is starts good but gets lost along the way and becomes a whole heap of mess, Ashara is a stupid choice and her reasoning for staying with a dark side character makes no scene
With Dark Side Inquisitor, absolutely. But my Inquisitor called the Sith Order 'deprived' in front of her, told her he follows Light Side, wants to change the Empire, hates what other Sith do, wants peace with Republic, loves Jedi and kittens etc. And except for the kittens part, everything is actually in the game, in the dialogue options you can pick as Light Side Inquisitor. No wonder then Ashara pretty much turned into his hardcore cheerleader.

As for the Inquisitor story overall, it's really a survival story than "building your power base". Even for Dark Side Inquisitor, building your power base is a 'by-product' of trying to survive, not the main goal. Maybe after Act 3 but that's role-playing/fan-fiction territory.

Consular - Act 1 is badly executed. The general idea was not bad at all, but it dragged awfully. Definitely picks up later.

In both cases though, if you want to be told that you're the "Chosen One", or "most powerful right after Emperor" and having the "player-ego" stroked hard, Knight and Warrior stories will suit you better. Inquisitor and Consular are more personal/behind-the-scenes.