Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why no ETA on Rated?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why no ETA on Rated?

hyblon
05.03.2012 , 02:31 AM | #41
The software companies do not realize that they can reprogram the game completely, they can add content beautifully, can give months of free subscription, but they will never regain the confidence and esteem of a player greatly disappointed. The game will lose its pvp oriented population inevitably, it's doing and will continue to do so.

Nyjin
05.03.2012 , 03:15 AM | #42
As an avid PVPer, PVEer, and RPer, I enjoy all facets of the game.

Honestly, on the whole, I think BW has it's priorities all wrong. Whenever they "say" they're listening to the community, they're just as quickly to turn around and say they have better "data" and a "development team" devoted to any one topic of dispute.

I won't go into the PVE and RP perspectives of the game that are lacking and/or completely not there, since this is a topic about PVP specifically. Just let it be known that those two areas are not much better off (if not worse) than PVP currently.

1. Rated Warzones being pulled at the absolute last second was a horrible PR move and a slap in the face to the community. I am completely in the camp that says that they did this to keep us sub'd, knowing they couldn't deliver on something that wasn't tested (because they had a horrible PTS character-copy system).

2. PVP, in its current incarnation, is not as fun as it could be or was. Sure, some of the nerfs/buffs were needed, but they went a little far in some aspects. Also, the amount of CC in this game is simply horrendous. I can be chain-stunned/rooted (because the Resolve system is awful) to death in a matter of seconds.

3. Lack of world-PVP and progress. Although BW themselves have stated Ilum was a failure, we've gotten no word on what exactly is being done to reintroduce world-PVP into the game. And having only 4 Warzones for an entire game's PVP isn't exactly great.

I know there are class imbalances, technical issues, etc. that SHOULD be solved before Rated Warzones go out. But, in the current state, I think BW has to put out Rated ASAP because they are losing many PVPers' faith very quickly.

Voice acting and story-quests are great. They don't make for a complete game, though. Fix the rest of your game, BW, then add the content to make it a legitimate contender in the long run and fulfill it's great potential as THE Star Wars MMO experience, in ALL aspects of the game.
Sethlorn Aduial
Conqueror Sentinel
<Ascension> of Vrook Lamar
"Overpowered?! I'll show you overpowered!"

hyblon
05.03.2012 , 03:38 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyjin View Post
As an avid PVPer, PVEer, and RPer, I enjoy all facets of the game.

3. Lack of world-PVP and progress. Although BW themselves have stated Ilum was a failure, we've gotten no word on what exactly is being done to reintroduce world-PVP into the game. And having only 4 Warzones for an entire game's PVP isn't exactly great.

Ilum is an insult to our intelligence, and honestly i do not understand how Gabe Amatangelo is still in his place.

vollkel
05.03.2012 , 03:47 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by hyblon View Post
Ilum is an insult to our intelligence, and honestly i do not understand how Gabe Amatangelo is still in his place.
now you are insulting his intelligence.

he obviously had a tank taunting his boss!

sensiblepoast
05.03.2012 , 10:46 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by hyblon View Post
The software companies do not realize that they can reprogram the game completely, they can add content beautifully, can give months of free subscription, but they will never regain the confidence and esteem of a player greatly disappointed. The game will lose its pvp oriented population inevitably, it's doing and will continue to do so.
Game turning changes don't happen in the majority of the cases. People have tunnel vision and refuse to process outside negative feedback, and it's safer to be a yes man and follow the established company line than to be the messenger of bad news and champion for change (which nobody likes and threatens established "players")

sirbobert
05.03.2012 , 10:53 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Rambofant View Post
Why no ETA on rated?
Why would they give an ETA? Keep sending that $15 a month.

You're the plug in this sinking ship. Congrats!

Icysunx
05.03.2012 , 11:12 PM | #47
I think the real question is......

They stated no Rated Warzones 5 hours from 1.2's launch

If its going to take them another several months to implement, did they REALLY not know 5 hours before hand like they originally said......................

Lugh
05.04.2012 , 12:37 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Rambofant View Post
So, my guild is basically holding on to a short string. More and more inactivity, due to the "Nothing to do here" state pvp is in atm. I'd be lying if I didnt say Gw2, Tera and Diablo 3 seems quite great right now. So people, let's get bioware to think about us, let's say how much we want rated, and why!

I want it because, well for us in the PvP community it's basically a shovel of a game, we've got great to get yes. However, to get it we basically just have to que 4 people over, and over again. Theres no point in doing it, since it's so boring when theres no competition..
They aren't done figuring out all the various cheats out there and closing those holes.

1) find cheaters.
2)watch learn
3) close holes cheaters show you by how 'awesome' they are AND mass ban the folks responsible.
4) Then start rated WZs
Only two things are infinite The Universe and Human stupidity and I am not so sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
Aka --Alia Ajunta Pall