Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Light sided Sith

MCerberus
05.01.2012 , 10:21 AM | #121
My neutral Inquisitor is sort of let's say, superficially insane. All the snark, all the trolling, all the laughter, but puts every decision in appropriate context. Gain a new ally by not torturing a puppy? Yes
Lightning to the face because they're avoiding the question and hiding something? Oh yes

Kind of the philosophy here is "Jedi live their lives in fear of their emotions, most Sith are slaves to them. It seems I'm the only truly free one left." Darth Occulus ftw.
Self-referential metasig #524789

VanorDM
05.01.2012 , 10:48 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Velaran View Post
I'm debating Darth Bane's authority as the be-all end-all of Dark Side knowledge.
Bane's knowledge of this era is going to be inherently flawed because of the fairly vast amount of time between now and then. So anything he says is subject to his own opinion and point of view. Nothing he says can be taken as objective truth unless it's backed up by some other objective source.

Because it's clear from what Obi-Wan said, that many of the truths in Star Wars is based on one's own point of view.

Quote:
3. I could bring up any number of other examples.
Don't bother, because any example that doesn't fit into his PoV doesn't count... Just like this game doesn't count, or any other example that proves him wrong. The thread on crystal colors is a prime example of this, every single case that was brought up to prove that alignment restrictions were contrary to lore, he simply dismissed out of hand, claiming they didn't count, or were such a rare case that it still shouldn't be allowed.

He has clearly in his own mind decided that he and he alone is the ultimate authority on lore, so there is simply no point in debating with him.

Birna
05.01.2012 , 03:27 PM | #123
My "do whatever potentially screws the empire more" mostly-LS manquisitor has been a hoot.

No one seems to care when I pick LS stuff ... I even had one guy LIKE that I won the roll because he had never seen what the LS option even did.

MCerberus
05.01.2012 , 06:24 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Birna View Post
My "do whatever potentially screws the empire more" mostly-LS manquisitor has been a hoot.

No one seems to care when I pick LS stuff ... I even had one guy LIKE that I won the roll because he had never seen what the LS option even did.
That's a new one, most LSers fit in with 'make the empire a better place for all', rather than straight-up sabotage. Say what you will about the writing, but they gave the players a lot of agency, changing the themes of their own stories and allowing them to mean different things depending on how you see your character.
Self-referential metasig #524789

Birna
05.02.2012 , 03:28 AM | #125
Well, I figure he's an ex-slave, not REALLY into the whole sith thing, so screw the Empire! It does mean he picks dark side options sometimes, of course, but a lot of them tend towards light side. Of course, sometimes all the choices are a wash Empire-helping-wise, so then he usually picks whichever is less rude (especially if he has Talos with him).

Balmorra was the best planet for light side "haha, bite me, Empire" choices.

amnie
05.02.2012 , 05:32 AM | #126
my LS sith warrior is definitely out to sabotage the empire. he does think the jedi are weak-minded fools, but he thinks the siths as a whole are just as stupid. he'd just like to become emperor himself and then be a bit more 'reasonable'.
he also loves being cocky, has killed a traitor or two, and likes to slap people around.

he's bloody insane.

DarthPunitor
05.02.2012 , 02:37 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by VanorDM View Post
Bane's knowledge of this era is going to be inherently flawed because of the fairly vast amount of time between now and then. So anything he says is subject to his own opinion and point of view. Nothing he says can be taken as objective truth unless it's backed up by some other objective source.

Because it's clear from what Obi-Wan said, that many of the truths in Star Wars is based on one's own point of view.

Don't bother, because any example that doesn't fit into his PoV doesn't count... Just like this game doesn't count, or any other example that proves him wrong. The thread on crystal colors is a prime example of this, every single case that was brought up to prove that alignment restrictions were contrary to lore, he simply dismissed out of hand, claiming they didn't count, or were such a rare case that it still shouldn't be allowed.

He has clearly in his own mind decided that he and he alone is the ultimate authority on lore, so there is simply no point in debating with him.
Again, you fundamentally did not contribute to the debate what so ever. Lets look at the facts, who has provided examples? Me. Who hasn't? You. You keep trying to insert yourself into the debate as if you anyone cares what your opinion is. You havent even bothered to reply to me anymore, demonstrating that you clearly recognize that your own opinion is worthless (and that's truly all that you've provided).

And you're trying to dismiss Bane? All that shows is that you have no knowledge of lore to begin with. If youre going to dismiss him then you might as well just bring in arguments from star trek.
"Honor is a lie, a chain that wraps itself around those foolish enough to accept it and drags them down to defeat."
-Gauntlet of Kresh- -The Tai Legacy- -Subutai - Punitor - Machiavelli - Davikk - Orda- Guild Website - Sister Guild Site

DarthPunitor
05.02.2012 , 02:50 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Velaran View Post
1. I'm not debating Drew's credibility as a writer. I'm debating Darth Bane's authority as the be-all end-all of Dark Side knowledge.

2. So now this game just doesn't count? Nice.

3. I could bring up any number of other examples. The poisoning of the rebel slaves on Dromund Kaas. Killing the resistance leader on Balmorra vs. getting him to rat out the Republic. Killing Master Timmns. Killing the Selonians vs using them for slave labor.

For every one Dark Side option that improves the Empires chances of winning the war, there are five LS options to the same effect.

4. Sidious was so evil, he inadvertently caused the destruction of his own Empire.

I'd say that's pretty pertinent to the topic at hand.

5. The alternative of even attempting to try anything else. NOT becoming a Jedi.

6. Not to match characters here, but i'd say my own Marauder would be more then a quick bout for your own.

7. It has become pretty clear that this is going nowhere fast.

8. I'll end with this: In every incarnation of the Sith Empire, we have never been able to permanently defeat the Jedi and Republic as we are. We have been destroyed by out own pride, arrogance, and hubris every time. Every. Single. Time. We need to change.
1. He's not the "be-all-end-all" but Drew's authority far surpasses either of ours. Referencing Bane is the same as referencing an expert authority.

2. Im not sure if my arguments are going over your head or if youre just choosing to respond to certain aspects of them. Look at wookieepedia's summary of the lore in this game, the only thing that is accounted for his the background info and the general scheme of the story quests. NOT INDIVIDUAL CHOICES. Hell, the most important characters are referred to as "jedi knight" and "sith inquisitor." Really, what kind of lore is that? For the love of god please tell me you see the difference between that and the Darth Bane series.

3. We're not debating that. Haven't I already stated that light sith serve a purpose?

4. No, again you make me think that i've wasted my time talking to you. Sidious would have DESTROYED luke and all his light side power had it not been for darth vader. Sure, you can argue that luke was brand new to the force and sidious had been trained in the dark side for a long period of time. No matter what, SIdious made a weak decision in Vader as an apprentice.

5. Anything else would have been insufficient.

6. Feel free to join my server, level a marauder, and duel me.

7. I never expected anything more than what Hampshire would call a "shabby compromise."

As i said before, Light Sith are useful as pawns to promote the agenda of the empire, but they will never be as powerful as dark sith and thus will never be as potent against the jedi.

In response to your conclusion, I am more than willing to open up a thread discussin the merits of the rule of two and the pre ruusan order.
"Honor is a lie, a chain that wraps itself around those foolish enough to accept it and drags them down to defeat."
-Gauntlet of Kresh- -The Tai Legacy- -Subutai - Punitor - Machiavelli - Davikk - Orda- Guild Website - Sister Guild Site

DarthPunitor
05.02.2012 , 02:54 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
My neutral Inquisitor is sort of let's say, superficially insane. All the snark, all the trolling, all the laughter, but puts every decision in appropriate context. Gain a new ally by not torturing a puppy? Yes
Lightning to the face because they're avoiding the question and hiding something? Oh yes
As stated earlier in this thread, most sith would agree that Machiavellian choices are neither dark or light. It's just the practical thing to do.

EDIT

And im not referring to the second point. Torture qualifies as a dark side option

Froogleseven
05.02.2012 , 09:44 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by amnie View Post
my LS sith warrior is definitely out to sabotage the empire. he does think the jedi are weak-minded fools, but he thinks the siths as a whole are just as stupid. he'd just like to become emperor himself and then be a bit more 'reasonable'.
he also loves being cocky, has killed a traitor or two, and likes to slap people around.

he's bloody insane.
your warrior should meet my inquisitor, he is exactly the same way aside from sabotage, he is a reformer, but is very prideful. although is is a little liberal with force lightning. and a little insane
Spoiler
but he's mostly good

on a side note, have any LS inquisitors gotten Darth Occulus? i got Imperius and idk if it's glitched or not
The Fallen Legion Officer