Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Jedi counsel in this game are just dumb.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The Jedi counsel in this game are just dumb.

Oddzball
05.02.2012 , 09:24 PM | #1
So i made a new character, and set out to be the WORST jedi possible.

I did ALL the bad things, talked back as much as possible, MURDERED like 5 people before i even left tython.

And I still got to be a Jedi Knight.

Really? That crap would NEVER fly in the lore.

Heck at one point a student gets removed from the order for cheating on a test of willpower.

I murdered some folks in cold blood, and they just brush it off.

SECOND. You do not get to be a PADAWAN until AFTER you have a Jedi Knight take you under your wing. So the whole part with the JK where you dont get your Master till AFTER you have arrived at the temple and been doing several missions, is completely bunk.

Third.

Even though there are some crazy things going on, there is no WAY you could spend like a week in training and be declared a Jedi Knight. The whole story makes zero sense. Most Jedi were padawans for over 12 YEARS before they got to take the trials and be a Knight.

There is suppose to be a DEEP bond between master and padawan, but because of how quickly they promote you to Jedi Knight you don't get to develop any kind of bond with your master. Honestly I could care less about mine.

Finally. Why the hell do I have a training saber. Why did they even put this in the game. You get your saber roughly right after you receive sponsorship from a master to be their padawan. This is around age 13-14. (SGY)

No no no. You did the entire Padawan experience completely wrong. Who is the writer/s for this game again? We need to have a serious discussion.

Isnt it James Ohlen? Seriously James, you should be ashamed.

Ok, I've let out my pain and suffering on how they slaughtered the whole Jedi lore.... feel free to contribute to what you think about the Padawan experience.

The funny part is the Sith apprentice relationship is actually fairly accurate.

EuphoricAnguish
05.02.2012 , 09:27 PM | #2
This is a game, not a book; things must change in order to be viable in this format.

Also, things change in times of war, it's 3000 years before your reference point, blah, blah, blah...
The Iht'zat'rap Legacy :: Kaas City (Republic)
Duwnt'luuk'nao - 50 Gunslinger || Graamsh - 50 Guardian
Grymne - 50 Commando || Lew'kowt - 43 Sage
For'thlazt'yme - 26 Shadow || Seilamoc - 19 Vanguard

Oddzball
05.02.2012 , 09:34 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by EuphoricAnguish View Post
This is a game, not a book; things must change in order to be viable in this format.

Also, things change in times of war, it's 3000 years before your reference point, blah, blah, blah...
No it isn't. There are plenty of books around the TOR era.

mrfoughtforever
05.02.2012 , 09:37 PM | #4
It's been well known for some time that the dark side stories Republic side are, for the most part, a total joke. It doesn't matter how evil or vile you are, your character is treated as a saint and a savior.

ChaosKirin
05.02.2012 , 09:39 PM | #5
Yeah, there's some suspension of disbelief necessary. I started a light side Sith Warrior and questioned and defied my masters at every turn. I picked all light side options, etc. Yet my character is still alive.

There's just not enough time to add TIME to the game. I wouldn't want to level for the game equivalent of 12 years before I was declared a Jedi. Hell, the Sith Inquisitor storyline has me going from a slave to
Spoiler
in what seems like days. But that's just how games work. I can't think of any game that doesn't bend time to its will.

I mean, take Final Fantasy, for example. Let's just go with one off the top of my head. In FFVIII, Rinoa is hanging from a balcony, and you, as Squall, have to HURRY AND SAVE HER RIGHT NOW. Except you can go check out the rest of Garden if you want to first, then take a nap in your room or go hang out in the Quad. You can head to your desk in the training room and read up on the game, or you can leave Garden entirely and go fight some monsters, all while Rinoa's life is on the line.

And then you make it back to save her JUST IN TIME.

TalkingDinosaur
05.02.2012 , 09:39 PM | #6
If you paid attention when the game starts the Jedi who greets you talks about your past successes with other masters/teachers. You've been in training longer than you think and you came to the Jedi Temple to FINISH your training.

Besides...
Spoiler
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

Kanshan
05.02.2012 , 09:39 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Oddzball View Post
No it isn't. There are plenty of books around the TOR era.
Even though Imo the first 10 levels of a Jedi/Sith should be TRAINING along and then then next 10 should be about getting your light saber. It would be a hard sell for the MMO market these days. Maybe a box game like the KotOR games. But with these games you got the feed the masses, which are impatient, e-peen stroking, "GIMMIE EPOCHS PL0ZER NOW OR I QUIT" type of people it had to be done like it is.
Want to post feed back of why you're quitting? For the love of all that is good, post here http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

ZirusZero
05.02.2012 , 09:40 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by mrfoughtforever View Post
It's been well known for some time that the dark side stories Republic side are, for the most part, a total joke. It doesn't matter how evil or vile you are, your character is treated as a saint and a savior.
I think that's because it's not meant to be dark sided.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

Kanshan
05.02.2012 , 09:41 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TalkingDinosaur View Post
If you paid attention when the game starts the Jedi who greets you talks about your past successes with other masters/teachers. You've been in training longer than you think and you came to the Jedi Temple to FINISH your training.

Besides...
Spoiler
Spoiler
Want to post feed back of why you're quitting? For the love of all that is good, post here http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

Andryah
05.02.2012 , 09:43 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Oddzball View Post
Ok, I've let out my pain and suffering on how they slaughtered the whole Jedi lore.... feel free to contribute to what you think about the Padawan experience.
Feel better now?

I'm fine with the games approach to Jedi. Stop being a lore Nazi...... that is George Lucas job.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.