Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Smugglers reason for warzone?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Smugglers reason for warzone?

Rakeria
05.01.2012 , 03:46 PM | #1
This has actually crossed my mind while playing Warzone. What motive does the Smugglers have to join the battle? They are said to be free and independent and they aren't bound to the Republic. Bounty Hunters, I understand, they get hired to win the battle but that ain't the Smugglers job, right?

What do you guys think, what motives does a Smuggler have to fight on a battlefield?

(LORE-Talk here, no "My smuggler feels like it to get XP.")

I'd be interested to hear anyones RP-motive also!

Wolfninjajedi
05.01.2012 , 03:49 PM | #2
Credits?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Rakeria
05.01.2012 , 03:54 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Credits?
I may be wrong here but combat isn't Smugglers forté, they smuggle, why not do that instead, lots more credits involved and much more safe?

ZirusZero
05.01.2012 , 04:11 PM | #4
Because they are having a contest to see who can flirt with Satele without getting the cold shoulder.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

elliotcat
05.01.2012 , 04:34 PM | #5
Chapter 2 spoilers:

Spoiler

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

Rakeria
05.01.2012 , 04:49 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
Chapter 2 spoilers:

Spoiler
Aah, that makes sense!

Rhudian
05.01.2012 , 04:50 PM | #7
You have any idea how much red tape would be involved in bringing enough kolto to a skirmish to keep eight people from suffering any permanent injury? Any idea how expensive it would be to move those supplies while utilizing normal channels, in proper, Selkath-certified medical vessels?

I'm guessing the answer would be somewhere between "a whole lot" and "astronomical."

You could also use the kolto connection to explain crit heals on the battlefield: the shady export of off-brand "duty-free" kolto doesn't always meet certain minimum purity requirements.

amnie
05.02.2012 , 05:05 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
Chapter 2 spoilers:

Spoiler
haha yeah I was about to reply with 'ohhh someone actually hasn't played the smuggler story'

and to the OP: you're not the only one who doesn't fully understand it. even one of the smuggler's companions doesn't understand why they help the republic ;D

elliotcat
05.02.2012 , 01:38 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by amnie View Post
haha yeah I was about to reply with 'ohhh someone actually hasn't played the smuggler story'

and to the OP: you're not the only one who doesn't fully understand it. even one of the smuggler's companions doesn't understand why they help the republic ;D
Miss Akaavi "Oh the Sith Empire is the best and they are gonna win" Spar? She drives me nuts.

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

meatlocker
05.02.2012 , 07:07 PM | #10
Some smugglers are republic privateers and are either paid to do that or extremely patriotic. Others are insane or realize they can make a quick buck patching up a jedi or trooper. Or get paid completing the objectives in each warzone.
><><Ͽ{The OT Alliance}Ͼ><><
Slogans? Where we're going we don't need slogans!
| Cantina | Recruitment | Website |