Space Mission question.

Dont really know where this topic fits so sticking it here. Why dont the missions end whenever you complete your objectives? It only makes sense. I mean no pilot is going to hang around and risk getting shot down or dying once he has completed his mission. So how come when I have finished the primary and bonus objectives some missions leave me flying around for another 2-3 minutes? I mean if you fail a mission it immediately ends so the same should be true for completing one. I know 2-3 minutes isnt long but when you have to do like 10 to finish all the dailies it does add up.

The design is so that you have plenty of time to complete all objectives, and also bonus missions. With low gear and new to the mission, that time is necessary. With higher gear and more experience it is easy to complete many of the mission objectives with lots of time remaining. Some mission objectives can be completed before bonus objectives completed, and I would hate to be kicked out of a mission when I still have a satellite or a bridge or a comm tower to destroy.

The design is so that you have plenty of time to complete all objectives, and also bonus missions. With low gear and new to the mission, that time is necessary. With higher gear and more experience it is easy to complete many of the mission objectives with lots of time remaining. Some mission objectives can be completed before bonus objectives completed, and I would hate to be kicked out of a mission when I still have a satellite or a bridge or a comm tower to destroy.

So maybe they could implement an exit option, where if you are done with the mission objective, you get the credit. optional. Seems easy to do. Ive often wondered the same thing.

Also, the design of the minefield missions is horrible. Make you go through 5/7 of the mission before you ever see the mine layer, then give you only 2.5 passes at it. I couldnt do it with the "suggested" level of ship upgrades. Had to go back at much higher level