Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Black/blue Lightsaber crystal. How do I get it?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Black/blue Lightsaber crystal. How do I get it?

keeferan
03.04.2012 , 03:57 PM | #21
come to fab side we have musical theater

Niil
03.04.2012 , 04:20 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by omgitsbrad View Post
uh, yes?

Thats like saying you want a rainbow brite unicorn mount, and a masterchief outfit, while calling yourself a Jedi.

The black lightsabers simply dont exist in any form in the Star Wars universe, hence a fan that wont touch them is most likely a bigger star wars fan then the guy/gal who would.
Am I supposed to care how much you think I think of the star wars universe? You do realize that everything in game goes through the offices of Bioware and Lucas before being put in game. Which means they approve of the content. Which means your opinion means pretty close to diddly.

-Fal-
03.04.2012 , 04:25 PM | #23
They look cool and It's a game.
It's just an object, doesn't mean what you think.

DarthWalt
03.04.2012 , 06:19 PM | #24
Light side PvP.

Blue black is the Pub=Imp Red black

There was one Blacksaber It was owned and used by the leader of the deathwatch clan in the clone wars.

Ganrax
03.24.2012 , 11:51 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Undercoverwrx View Post
For real responses, what level do I have to be and where do I find those missions referenced?
Since it doesn't seem like anyone is giving you good info.

You need to be level 50 and loot a Rakata Mainhand Token for your class(he'll drop 2 when he dies) from the last boss in Hardmode or Nightmare Karraga's Palace(an Operation, aka Raid).

Ganrax
03.24.2012 , 11:52 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Sky_walkerPL View Post
But you don't want black-blue crystal. Black sabers are one of things that distinguish lame players with no respect to Star Wars from everyone else.
Besides that - even ascetic wise they are no more than glowing sticks. It's like running with training saber while everyone around have real lightsabers.
I'm making a Sith Pureblood Jedi Sentinel with 1 red lightsaber and 1 blue lightsaber in 1.2. You mad?

darksidechemist
03.24.2012 , 01:40 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by omgitsbrad View Post
uh, yes?

Thats like saying you want a rainbow brite unicorn mount, and a masterchief outfit, while calling yourself a Jedi.

The black lightsabers simply dont exist in any form in the Star Wars universe, hence a fan that wont touch them is most likely a bigger star wars fan then the guy/gal who would.
Gee, can I post a SS of my toon so you can critique the look and tell me if I am 'Jedi' enough for you?

GnatB
05.02.2012 , 03:09 PM | #28
I'll admit I haven't watched the episode of the clone wars show that featured the dark saber (or any of the series, for that matter) but from all the screenshots/pictures of it, it looks like some fancy black sword that happens to be glowing white, with a far more defined shape than a lightsaber. It does NOT look even remotely like a "simple" lightsaber with a black core. (wiki article says it was originally going to just be a regular vibrosword, but Lucas didn't want lightsabers to be able to be blocked by regular weapons that look like swords, so it was made special... 'course, Unless I'm missing something lightsabers are getting blocked by vibroswords all the time in TOR (and KOTOR, for that matter), as well as similar weapons in the books.

I do have to agree with many of the other posters. The black core lightsabers just look silly/out of place.

(P.S. In the clone war episode, does said darksaber every actually "extend"? or is it really just a black sword with a white glow outline?)

Amalak
05.02.2012 , 05:51 PM | #29
The poor OP was just asking a simple question how it turned into what is true SW or not is beyond me.... You will never satisfy everyone, so there is no point trying.

Just because someone doesn't agree with you, doesn't make either of you wrong, opinions are like........ everyone has one and some are bigger than others

Lucrothop
05.02.2012 , 05:55 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
I'll admit I haven't watched the episode of the clone wars show that featured the dark saber (or any of the series, for that matter) but from all the screenshots/pictures of it, it looks like some fancy black sword that happens to be glowing white, with a far more defined shape than a lightsaber. It does NOT look even remotely like a "simple" lightsaber with a black core. (wiki article says it was originally going to just be a regular vibrosword, but Lucas didn't want lightsabers to be able to be blocked by regular weapons that look like swords, so it was made special... 'course, Unless I'm missing something lightsabers are getting blocked by vibroswords all the time in TOR (and KOTOR, for that matter), as well as similar weapons in the books.

I do have to agree with many of the other posters. The black core lightsabers just look silly/out of place.

(P.S. In the clone war episode, does said darksaber every actually "extend"? or is it really just a black sword with a white glow outline?)
read previous posts or click the link for the Darksaber (Ill re-post it here for your convenience)
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darks...8lightsaber%29

you said it yourself: "Originally intended to be a vibroblade, George Lucas decided that, to preserve the uniqueness of the Jedi weapon, a lightsaber should not be seen to be blocked by sword-like weapon that is not a lightsaber. With that in mind, Lucas and the show's crew conceived of an ancient precursor to the lightsaber which they named the darksaber"

Also, if you don't like the look of black cored lightsabers don't use one. This game is not intended only for you Lucas fanbois for whom everything has to be canonical or its bunk. There's a reason there's not a trivia quiz or a basement dweller virginity check you have to pass before you sign up. Get over it