Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GTN Search Issues [BUG]

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Polebreaker
05.02.2012 , 01:41 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by frivera View Post
It's broken, fix it. Did anyone even test this before it went live? Your QA is shameful.
Pretty much this. How hard is it to make an SQL front end these days? Premade website templates do a better job than this GTN search interface, and for this to get through testing? What? Did the QA dept even try using it ONCE?

XLJedi
05.02.2012 , 02:07 PM | #62
I've come to the conclusion that the GTN is a tool of the dark side...

It feeds their rage, and obviously explains why they keep beating me in PvP.
Reelo (Jedi Guardian)
Server: Jedi Covenant (East Coast Time)
Guild: Starlords
Always willing to lend a hand to those who stop by my server and say hello!

JovethGonzalez
05.02.2012 , 02:28 PM | #63 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi everyone, we've sent this up for investigation and it looks like we are going to have something to improve this experience in an upcoming patch. Thank you for your reports and for your patience.

Screaming_Ziva
05.02.2012 , 02:57 PM | #64
This my reply to another thread on this subject. I'll put it here as it looks like this one actually has some attention given to it.

Text filtering is broken and has been for quite a while.

Here is a listing of the Artifact augments currently listed on our GTN. Notice the top 4 results:

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9...2050214534.jpg

However, look what I get when I filter for Absorb:

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9...2050214534.jpg

Where did the top 4 results go?

Or, if I filter by the word augment, 5 pages of results goes down to 2:

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2...2050214585.jpg

Looks very broken to me.

digitalnexus
05.02.2012 , 03:22 PM | #65
While filtering "Usable by / Me", it should mean:

* When searching Schematics, only if you can learn it (if you have the min. skill level as well).
* When searching Armor, if you can Actually wear it. This should check against any requirement (e.g. "requires Valor Rank (70)").

anjindex
05.02.2012 , 05:48 PM | #66
What really burns me is I submitted a ticket and get a prompt automated reply stating that as of patch 1.2 the GTN is not bugged and is operating as designed. I can't even list "trainable" skills from my crew skill trainer. He is sitting there with the green + sign, all my current skills are green or grey and when I open the crew skill trainer window - the "Trainable" skills list is empty.
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

TannSan
05.02.2012 , 06:21 PM | #67
Don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet but the "Cheap" rarity seems to do what the old "Any" type did. It seems to work like "Any" for all the categories I tested it in.

The GTN on Hex Droid is almost dead, today there has been less than 1 full page of diplomatic crafting materials, there are several pages of bioanalysis materials but that's because a few jokers have listed about 20 single items over and over again.

shoobybomp
05.02.2012 , 06:56 PM | #68
People are confused because they took something that was working one way and changed it to work another way. The search for "Any" in the Rarity dropdown actually means "None" when nothing is in the name field. To avoid all this confusion, the "Any" option needs to be changed.

I sell implants on occasion and it became very apparent that this change affected how many were bought. That, and the constant questions in general chat on fleet asking why there are no implants and earpieces on the GTN.
No Ewoks were harmed in the making of this post.

Spuck
05.02.2012 , 07:02 PM | #69
I've had to re-educate various players on how to use the new gtn searching features. I think this actually has a huge impact on sells.
Prophecy of the Five
LEADER OF DESERT ROGUES
"Rubbing elbows with the enemy and playing nice doesn't sit right with me. We should be kicking the Empire's tail off the Promenade." - Corso Riggs

yeux
05.03.2012 , 12:03 AM | #70
This is frikkin ridiculous! Why hasnt this been hotfixed?